Breeze vs Freedom

JaniceB

I am trying to decide between 2 cruises. The itinerary is the same for both cruises. I can't decide if spending $700 more to cruise on the Breeze is really worth it. I have never sailed on a new ship. I also can have an aft extended balcony on the freedom vs a cove on the breeze. I have never sailed on a ship in the same class as the Freedom, so either ship would be a new experience. Why should I choose the Breeze over the Freedom?

We sailed on the Freedom in Jan and had a great cruise..

I Loved the Adult Serenity Deck and would sail on her again.

I sailed on the Magic in March and had an Outstanding time and look forward to sailing on her again..

Looking at booking the Breeze for Jan with a group of friends but the price is good for the cabins we are looking at so I haven't even looked at other ships.

Would I pay $700 to sail on the Magic or Breeze over the Freedom? Probably Not. You will have a great time on either ship and next time when the Breeze is a bit more mature the prices will be lower and you try her out then.

I am asking myself the same question. I have sailed the Freedom and loved the ship. I am looking at both the Breeze and Freedom 8 day cruise for next summer and am trying to justify about $130 per person (5 of us) for the Breeze. So confused!!!

I sailed the Freedom for my very first cruise and had a blast! I am also booked for the Breeze in January. I'm sure I am going to have a great time on the Breeze but if I had to choose I would save the money and go on Freedom again. $700 buys quite a few DODs!!

Having never been on either, this probably won't be helpful lol. I would go with the Breeze though! I have it booked for next September and cannot wait!! I am super excited to have one of the cove balconies and to check out the new awesome decor on the Breeze.:D

Would I pay $700 to sail on the Magic or Breeze over the Freedom? Probably Not. You will have a great time on either ship and next time when the Breeze is a bit more mature the prices will be lower and you try her out then.

We will be on the Freedom again in 40 days, and on the Breeze two months later. Even with what I've read of the Breeze I'd agree with pj. Save the money and enjoy the cruise!:D

We are sailing on the Freedom this October for a 6 day cruise and the Breeze for an 8 day next October, so I guess we will find out which boat is better. I never gave a thought about sailing on the Breeze vs another boat for the 8 day. We were on the Dream last year and it was great and the Breeze is supposed to be a sister ship.

I know, the $700 difference is quite a lot of DOD's and shore excursions. I put in a search of 6-9 days and southern caribbean and both showed up. Then I started to wonder what the Breeze had that the Freedom didn't for $700 other than being the newest ship.

We have never sailed the Freedom, but just got off the Breeze.. (June 15th sailing).. I loved the Breeze.. It was so nice and clean, the staff was amazing, and of course I loved the chance to do the mediterranean cruise. That being said.. if it were the same ports, I don't see myself paying $700 extra for the newer boat.. I would take that $$$ and use it for my bar bill... ;) Have fun!!

We sailed the freedom last year and loved it!!!! We ARE sailing the Breeze in July 2013. Honestly, I didn't compare the price of the Breeze to another ship. we just looked at the price of the Breeze, the category we wanted, and felt it was in our budget.

I'm certain you'll enjoy either :)

Editing to add: I just did a price comparison our price difference for 3 was $460. We have an aft extended balcony.

Twice on the Freedom and had a very nice time both times.

$ 700 based for almost half of our next cruise. To me the answer is the Freedom for now and the Breeze in a couple of years when the price settles down.

Twice on the Freedom and had a very nice time both times.

$ 700 based for almost half of our next cruise. To me the answer is the Freedom for now and the Breeze in a couple of years when the price settles down.

I agree. We had a good time on the Freedom, but I'm really a fan of open aft Lido (which Dream and Spirit class have), so am looking forward to sailing the Breeze in Nov. I also really had issues with the decor on the Freedom, so am looking forward to the Breeze. But is that worth $700 more? Nope. I was lucky that I booked with a group a year and a half out and got a really great price compared to where the prices went after that!:eek: The prices will come down for the Breeze...then you can sail her!

Archived