Western Caribbean - Port or Starboard side

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:59 AM.
Sacramento, CA
48 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
Hellow fellow cruisers,

Can anybody help me as to which side is better for W. Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale??

Thanks so much

Chris
1,795 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
I always go with the port side, that way you get to see all the ports! Hope this helps!

This ship 10/91
That ship 11/95
Whatever ship 12/98
here a ship 13/99
there a ship 14/00
everywhere
a
ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise
Sebastopol, CA, United States
258 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Port side for seeing the ports ... now if that isn't a true Newtism! Thanks for another great laugh!

High Seas Gal
Northern California

NCL Sky Jun. 2000 (ALASKA)
NCL Sky Aug. 2001 (ALASKA)
Princess Regal Princess Jul. 2002 (ALASKA)
NCL Sun Sep. 2003 (ALASKA)
Celebrity Mercury Oct. 2004 (MEXICO)
n/a Posts
Our cabin was on the starboard side... the side that faced every port we were in on the W. Caribbean cruise. The only time I wished we were on the port side was in Key West because there are small islands and a lot of water craft to watch from that side while in port.
3,422 Posts
Joined Aug 2002
We always try to book an aft balcony cabin. These cabins usually have much larger balconies, give you a panoramic view, and most importantly, eliminate the need to choose between port and starboard.
Sparks, NV USA
1,802 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Hey Chris - hi! Nedra and I are in RS1029 on Century which departs on May 22nd, and that is on the port side. Will let you know when we get back.

Charlie

Mercury 3/13/2004
Century 5/22/2004