first time cruiser

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:14 AM.
6 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
This is my first cruise. I am 16 and going with my entire family. Anyone have any advice or tips to make it the best vacation possible. Its an 8 day easter carribean cruise, to St.Thomas, San Juan, and tortola. are there certain places that are amazing to see.
Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

First Cruise!!
Alfalfa, Oregon
8,346 Posts
Joined Nov 2003
Welcome to the boards! Have you checked out the Roll Call boards to see if any other teens around your age will be cruising with you? Go to the bottom of the page where it says "forum jump" and click the arrow. Click on Roll Call - Carnival (if it is a Carnival cruise), then click on the ship you will be on. Then, you can find the date of your cruise if a roll call for that date has been started.

Next, I would advise you to check out the Ports of Call boards for info on the specific ports you will be visiting, and what there is to do there.

Finally, relax and have fun! Read the boards, there is a ton of great information on here. Read reviews of your ship. Good luck!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sue

CARNIVAL BREEZE ~ February 2014 ~ Cupids IV CC Group Cruise
CARNIVAL FREEDOM ~ February 2012 ~ Cupids III CC Group Cruise
CARNIVAL SPIRIT ~ February 2010 ~ Cupids II CC Group Cruise
CARNIVAL VALOR ~ March 2008 ~ Brian's college graduation
CARNIVAL MIRACLE ~ March 2006 ~ Greg's college graduation
CARNIVAL PRIDE ~ March 2004 ~ First Cruise!
16,548 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by martinikisses
This is my first cruise. I am 16 and going with my entire family. Anyone have any advice or tips to make it the best vacation possible. Its an 8 day easter carribean cruise, to St.Thomas, San Juan, and tortola. are there certain places that are amazing to see.
Thanks
IMHO an excursion to the Baths on Virgin Gorda, from Tortola is the must do thing, especially if you are a swimmer or a snorkeler. I enjoy it so much that I am considering a day trip from St. Thomas over there the day we are in St. Thomas.

Here is a link to check: http://www.b-v-i.com/baths.htm

Have fun!