What to do with Luggage between disembarking and Montreal airport

carwar

Our cruise ends in Montreal and I assume that we have to disembark rather early. Our flight home to Orlando does not leave Montreal until 6 P. M. I had thought that we could have Luggage Direct take our luggage to the airport but when I contacted them they advised me that they can not do any international flights because of customs regulations. Does anyone have any ideas about what to do with luggage while we explore Montreal. We are an elderly couple and my husband has mobility problems. I do not want to just spend the day in the airport nor would we be able to cart our luggage around with us. The reviews of the shore excursion that Holland American offers with sights of Montreal and transportation to the airport state that often the bus gets to the airport by noon and that would still leave 6 hours of sitting in the airport.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We had no choice of flights as it was most important that we take a direct flight and this 6 P.M. one was the only one available.

• 1 year later...

I am also trying to determine the same thing....Cruising the Veendam from Boston to Montreal...my flight leaves Montreal at 3:40. I would like to see some of Montreal before heading home...but, I don't want to cart luggage around. I would love to know what you ended up doing in Montreal.

Check out the "Anything Montreal" thread. Topic has been discussed there.

Also, be advised you will be clearing US Customs at the Montreal airport prior to boarding your flight. You need to allow extra time for that.

If you flight departs at 6pm, boarding will probably be called at 5:30 (maybe earlier).

Security & USCBP can take a while to go through depending on date of travel and your airline tier status. I am Elite status on Air Canada so I always get the priority security line, but still end up waiting at USCBP.

You should shoot for a 3pm arrival at the airport, certainly no later then 4pm.

Edited by p_mori7

There is a luggage consignment service at the cruise terminal for disembarking passengers. Cost: 4 CAD per bag. Opened until 05:00 PM.

More info. here:

http://www.port-montreal.com/en/access-to-berths.html

For tours, I have used Viator not in Montréal but elsewhere. They are affiliated with Trip Advisor and therefore Cruise Critic so I guess it is ok to put the link here:

https://www.viator.com/Montreal-tours/Shore-Excursions/d625-g24?page=1&activities=all&sortBy=PRICE_FROM

Edited by Jolie_Cruiser

• 4 months later...
There is a luggage consignment service at the cruise terminal for disembarking passengers. Cost: 4 CAD per bag. Opened until 05:00 PM.

More info. here:

http://www.port-montreal.com/en/access-to-berths.html

For tours, I have used Viator not in Montréal but elsewhere. They are affiliated with Trip Advisor and therefore Cruise Critic so I guess it is ok to put the link here:

https://www.viator.com/Montreal-tours/Shore-Excursions/d625-g24?page=1&activities=all&sortBy=PRICE_FROM

We used this luggage service when we arrived back in early Sept 2017. Just ask any worker to direct you. It was a small room off the main area. Very nice Security guard there. (It's not the same place you leave luggage for boarding). We were given a stub to reclaim it. There was NO charge! Didn't really understand that but it was great. we went off for about 5 hours. Saw the great museum right across the street and shops further along the waterfront.