A month long cruise on Celebrity - questions

Kokomo91165

Hi everyone,

My husband has surprised me with a month long cruise on the Solstice next May. To be honest, I am speechless because 1) he never does anything sudden and 2) a MONTH on a ship!.

I'm more concerned with item #2 than anthing else. I enjoy cruising, but what about a month!?

I was hoping to seek some advice from those of you who have done long hauls on a Celebrity Cruise.

Does the staff really get to know you?

Do you get tired of the food?

Do you become kinda crazy in your stateroom?

Will things begin to seem repetitive?

We were fortunate enough to get the same stateroom, so we won't have to mess with moving around like musical chairs.

Any other advice and/or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Julie:D

We did a 28 day cruise this past Feb/March. Here are my responses:

Yes, they absolutely do. Even ones that you haven't gotten to know on during the first cruise will say "welcome back, back to backer" If you don't switch cabins, all the better. We did, but our butler and cabin attendant still made a point to look for us during the second part of the cruise since we were not in their section.

Yes and no. We didnt so much get tired of the food. However, the last 14 days, we did eat sushi, stir fry, etc. rather than go to the MDR. We got tired of the "heavy" meals after all those days and started to eat more lightly.

Not at all. But we only were in our stateroom to sleep and relax.

The cruise we took was 2-14 day B2B. I was amazed how different the two cruises were in terms of passengers. The first group complained non stop about everything. The second group was lively, fun, and so glad to be on board. This was, perhaps, because the first cruise ended in Chile right after the earthquake and there was a lot of uncertainty as to flights, hotels, etc. The second group had managed to arrive in spite of the earthquake and was just glad to finally start their vacation.

I hope this helps.

Wow! How lucky for you! Congrats, I would LOVE to cruise for a month.

My experience with longer cruises was a B2B in August. I did get tired of the food, but it was the same both weeks. I did not get tired of my cabin, we had a regular balcony cabin. We took advantage of laundry services, so packing was not too bad. We had the same cabin steward, and she got to know us pretty well in just two weeks.

The best part was knowing that we had PLENTY of time to relax. If we missed something, we could catch it the next week. Most relaxing vacation ever.

The worst part, I really started to miss my cats back home.

You will love those cruises, particularly the itineraries. If you are booked in AQ, you will love the food in Blu, both at breakfast and at dinner. This would appear to be a great time for the TA portion of your cruise vis-a-vis the weather. As I am certain you are aware, the Solstice has become very popular across the pond; hence, your ability to have the same cabin for the entire time is a definite bonus.

I am very lucky. I am so thrilled to hear all the responses. I was a bit nervous at first, but the more I think of no laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc for a month - the more I like it. lol

Very excited to be going on the Solstice and we feel very lucky to get the same stateroom.

Hi everyone,

My husband has surprised me with a month long cruise on the Solstice next May. To be honest, I am speechless because 1) he never does anything sudden and 2) a MONTH on a ship!.

I'm more concerned with item #2 than anthing else. I enjoy cruising, but what about a month!?

I was hoping to seek some advice from those of you who have done long hauls on a Celebrity Cruise.

Yes.

We didn't, but we enjoy many different kinds of food so we really like the opportunity to try all the various food venues and also to sample a variety of different things at the buffet.

Not as long as we have at least a balcony. For long cruises, the bigger the stateroom, the better. I honestly think we would go stir crazy if stuck in an inside cabin.

Only if you keep on doing the same things over and over again. There are lots of different activities and types of entertainment on the ship. I hope you get to visit different ports too, but even if you repeat ports, there are so many different excursions to take.

We were fortunate enough to get the same stateroom, so we won't have to mess with moving around like musical chairs.

That can have both advantages and disadvantages, depending on your personal preferences and financial situation. On B2B cruises, some people really like looking forward to upgrading to a larger, more luxurious stateroom for the next leg (unless you are one of those lucky enough to have a penthouse suite all the way).

Some like to add variety by switching to a different ship for the next leg so they can experience a totally different environment with different itinerary, menus, entertainment and decor. Others prefer to stick with the familiar.

In any case, enjoy it. I think that getting the opportunity to cruise for a month is wonderful, whichever way you do it.

Archived