Wheelchair excursions S Carib

MotoRacer598

Hi there!

We have spent time in St. Lucia and St. Maarten - not St. Kitts. We were able to find cabs at the dock who would take us for good tours of the islands, at a very reasonable price. In St. Maarten we had the driver take us to the French side of the island. We were able to push the wheelchair through the town, ( I think its called Marigot), and had a lovely lunch beside the water. In St. Lucia we had the cab driver take us for a tour of the island. We did see some of the beaches, but accessibility to the beaches was difficult. We do travel with a travel wheelchair that folds easily and fits into a cab trunk. We also transfer from chair to cab seat, and it was quite easy.

Have fun - it's amazing what can be done with a little determination!

Thanks for the info. I have been thinking about just grabing a taxi at one of the ports. My chair breaks down real easy so i know it will fit into a trunk.

Get in touch with Thenford Grey in St. Kitts, Cosol tours in St. Lucia and Joyce Prince in St.Marteen. I am taking my scooter on all of the above! You can find out a lot if you go to the individual ports. Then email them and see if they can take care of you. Nancie:cool:

We are leaving Nov. 21st from Ft. Lauderdale on Celebrity Constellation. If you have any questions at all about any of the above excursions let me know! Have a wonderful cruise! Nancie:cool:

We are leaving on the 21st also from Ft.Lauderdale on Carnival. Have a good cruise to!

• 2 weeks later...
We are leaving Nov. 21st from Ft. Lauderdale on Celebrity Constellation. If you have any questions at all about any of the above excursions let me know! Have a wonderful cruise! Nancie:cool:

Myself (and w/chair) and my boy and girl are also on the same ship and date. Really looking forward to islands we have not been to.

I saw your Galaxy 2006 sig, were you on the transatlantic with us? Great ship.

Craig

Myself (and w/chair) and my boy and girl are also on the same ship and date. Really looking forward to islands we have not been to.

I saw your Galaxy 2006 sig, were you on the transatlantic with us? Great ship.

Craig

Great! I can't wait to see you again! We did the Panama Canal trip out of Galveston. Come join our rolll call, lots of fun people! We have lots of tours planned. How about you? Nancie:cool:

Archived