Any good cruise lines start or end in Poland?

saz25

Hi,

My wife and I have been on many cruises as you can see. For our next trip (2013) we are hoping to combine genealogy research in Poland with our love of cruising.

Are there any English speaking lines that start or end in Poland? That way we can visit, on our own, some towns of our ancestors in Poland and then start the cruise or finish the cruise and then visit Polish towns.

Thanks in advance

Steve

I am not an expert, but I have not seen any cruises that start or end in Poland. Several cruise lines, including Princess, embark or disembark in Warnemünde Germany and this city is very close to the Polish border. There is good public transportation between the countries.

Gdansk is really the only major port in Poland, and I've never seen any cruises published that use it as their primary embarkation/disembarkation port.

However, I've seen in the past that Costa tends to be fairly flexible when it comes to embarking or disembarking at alternate ports on a regular route. The Costa Pacifica sails to Gdansk near the end of its Kiel-to-Kiel sailings, so you might be able to arrange early disembarkation in Gdansk.

Alternatively, if you're interested in river cruises, some tour companies like Gate1 offer an overland pre-cruise extension from Warsaw to Krakow before traveling on to Budapest for a Danube sailing.

• 3 weeks later...

We docked in Gdynia/Gdansk on a Princess cruise 2 years ago. Since then, I think most of the cruise lines pulled out of Poland, not sure why. It was a great port. I would investigate European lines if you want to begin or end in Poland.

No, there are none cruise starting or ending in Poland.

But there are several cruises which starts in nearby Warnemunde and stops in Poland.

You can find all 58 cruises her; http://www.kreuzfahrtberater.de/reisen.php?reederei=&schiff=&dauer=&datum_von=&gebiet=&land=30&ka=&datum_bis=&x=5&y=7

This german site can find the most all cruises around the world.

This site is not a cheap TA, but you can book here, or you can use it as a tool to find cruises to places you wonders about.

Archived