Caribbean Princess - 8/14-21 - Part One

lmmn

We had a fabulous time on the Caribbean Princess. My past cruises have been five on RCCL and this being my first on Princess. There were three of us...me and my two teenage children. Here goes.

Precruise hotel - Embassy Suites - B

Great hotel for precruise. This hotel offers shuttle from the airport. Took about 20 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up. It also has early cocktail reception and complimentary breakfast. Convenient location with restaurants and grocery store within walking distance. Pool was closed because of weather. They offer shuttle to port. Reservations are needed and fill up fast. We took a taxi.

Embarkation - B

Due to the fact the terminal had no power, we waited three hours to board. Even though the wait was long in the hot weather, I think Princess staff did a great job of communicating and handled the situation as best they could.

Muster Drill - A

Muster drill went smooth and fast. Sat comfortably in one of their lounges.

Breakfast buffet/Horizon - B

Good, but nothing special Loved their mini chocolate chip cookies!

Pizza/Prego - A

Good pizza. Loved that it was close to pool area and available anytime. We had pizza every sea day for lunch.

Dining/Coral & Palm - B

Personal Choice. We made reservations for three each night. Once 6:00, other nights 7:00. Never had to wait. Wait staff was excellent. I would like to have had more basic selections on the menu. If you're a chocolate lover, they have only one chocolate dessert - Love Boat Dream. It's really good!!!

Scoops - B

My only comment is I think they should offer self-serve soft serve without charge.

Room Service - B

Service was quick. Ordered club sandwich and salad. Food was good. Other than breakfast, not many choices on menu.

Gym - A

Lots of equipment. Used treadmill five times, never having to wait. TV screens on each treadmill with headphones available.

Ping Pong Tables - A

Two tables available. We usually had to wait about 15 minutes.

Paddle Tennis Court - A

A small tennis court. You use a small wood paddle with tennis ball. Played just like tennis. Be sure to give it a try!!!! Usually had to wait 15-20 minutes to get on.

Cyber Golf - A

Expensive, but fun!

Mini Golf - D

What can I say...it's a disaster. Hard to believe they added such a low quality mini golf course on this beautiful ship.

Spa Pool - A

Balcony Cabin - A

Baja deck. Loved the floor plan of the cabin. Plenty of room for the three of us.

Part Two to follow......

Immn -

Looking forward to part two.

How did your teens enjoy the cruise??

I've heard that the CP has a basketball court, but that on recent cruises it was unavailable. Do you have any info??

Otherwise, any and all info on your teens and their experience is greatly appreciated.

I'm sailing 11/20 with two boys, ages 14 and 12.

Thanks!!!!!

CS

They LOVED the cruise!!!

If your kids drink soda or "kiddie cocktails" be sure you get the $20 sticker for "all you can drink" on the ship

Played ALOT of ping pong

Really enjoyed the pool and watching pool games

Watched both movies....13 going on 30 and Calendar Girls. The movies were ok, but the experience was fun. The first night we lounged in the chairs and ate popcorn and candy. The second movie we watched while sitting in the hot tub.

They did not want to participate in organized kids programs, so I cannot help you with that.

Loved the pizza at lunchtime!

Enjoyed the comedy shows

Did a lot of snorkeling. We brought our own gear.

If your kids golf, one morning they had a free closest to the pin contest at Cyber Golf. Cost of Cyber Golf is $30 for 1/2 hour or $50 for an hour.

We played mini golf once....it's not the best.

I did not see any basketball.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for posting and "giving" your grades out...........we sail her in November and look forward to it..........it will be our first Princess cruise.

Archived