I'm RUNNING to the ship!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Lose Before You Cruise
A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:25 PM.
Florida
191 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Miles ran/walked/biked/elipticized: 255.23
Miles left: 79.83
Days left: 53

Yes! Your energy plus mine, the possibilities are endless! lol

Looks like I will make my boat without any problems. I've now been instructed no running for three weeks, but I can bike, row, or get on the elliptical. I'm in PT now so they're working out the kinks in my back (yep, this evolved from a "hernia" to back pain lol), glutes, and hamstrings and then making me sweat and stretch and want to just go home. I don't see a lot of difference yet but I'm only two sessions in. Maybe they'll get me figured out!

At this point, I'm not the least bit upset I can't run. Though it's my favorite form of exercise, it's about 345345 degrees here in Florida, with 100% humidity. I don't understand how people can run in this. A couple of weeks ago I went for my Saturday morning run, which turned into a walk when my chest was heavy and my head was hurting, all from the heat and humidity. And that was at 6:00 am. I won't start truly gearing up for this half marathon until we return from the cruise in early October.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
03/18/2007 Discovery Sun
09/25/2011 Carnival Legend
10/07/2013 Carnival Triumph
11/27/2013 Disney Dream
10/27/2014 Carnival Elation
04/19/2015 Carnival Dream
04/09/2016 Carnival Fascination
Up Next: 09/30/2017 Carnival Glory

Freeport, Bahamas . Cozumel, Mexico (x4) . Roatan, Honduras . Belize City, Belize . Grand Cayman Island (x2) . Progreso, Yucatan (x2) . Nassau, Bahamas (x2)
Castaway Cay, Bahamas . Montego Bay, Jamaica . Half Moon Cay, Bahamas
233 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
I love heat, but maybe not 3454345 degrees of it. Where in Florida are you. Here in Northern Virginia we've had lots of 90+ days this summer, and I love it - but maybe I shouldn't.

Good for you to get all that exercise in with your PT. Good work on recovery - so by the time the temp there goes down to a reasonable 123123 you can be running again.

With biking and walking I've added another 92 miles; 193 to go in 24 days
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Florida
191 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Miles ran/walked/biked/elipticized: 302.85
Miles left: 32.21
Days left: 45

As much as I hate the bike (well, the bike we have at the house, the one at my campus gym is fine), I fly right through these miles on it! Though after this weekend, my foot hurts, but ONLY when resting (?!?!). If it's not one thing, it's another, right? I pulled out my Triggerpoint Footballer this morning and rolled it. It hurt so good This is nothing new, though. I also deal with plantar faciitis. I'm ready to go back to my 20's, when my only issue was my knee lol!

I'm in the Panhandle of Florida, in the Redneck Rivera I wouldn't live anywhere else, even as hot as it is. I love it here! My husband is about to start school for welding and he keeps telling me of all these "great" places we could move that have opportunities for him. One was Key West, and... as much as I'd love to say I live in Key West (or the Keys, period), I have a feeling the reality is not what he is picturing.

You're doing great, dcwalker, as always! That cruise is just around the corner, woo hoo!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
03/18/2007 Discovery Sun
09/25/2011 Carnival Legend
10/07/2013 Carnival Triumph
11/27/2013 Disney Dream
10/27/2014 Carnival Elation
04/19/2015 Carnival Dream
04/09/2016 Carnival Fascination
Up Next: 09/30/2017 Carnival Glory

Freeport, Bahamas . Cozumel, Mexico (x4) . Roatan, Honduras . Belize City, Belize . Grand Cayman Island (x2) . Progreso, Yucatan (x2) . Nassau, Bahamas (x2)
Castaway Cay, Bahamas . Montego Bay, Jamaica . Half Moon Cay, Bahamas