Delta flight has disappeared

Blue Eyes

I've been tracking airfare for a cruise round trip to Barcelona in October 2013. Watching a flight that leaves non-stop from Atlanta to Barcelona at 5: 30 PM and arrives Barcelona at 8:40 next morning. Now the flight is gone and Delta will only give me a flight through JFK. Anyone know why flight would go away? It was not even 1/4 booked when I was checking. This is my first international cruise with air...so any suggestions as to when is the best time to book...?? Thanks, I always get such good advice from this Board.[/font

The ATL-BCN non-stop is seasonal. It has only now been removed from the October schedule. A number of routes are losing their "summer" status earlier this year - most from late October back to mid-September.

As for it being only 1/4 "booked", unless you have access to airline inventory, you don't know that. I'm assuming you are using a seat map which is VERY inaccurate at showing loads.

Best time to buy: When you see a price you can live with. There is no "magic time", "magic date", "magic interval" or any such hokum.

For those who are curious about schedule changes, and not just for DL, you may find this website interesting, if geeky: Airline Route

Same thing happened to me. I had booked the same flight through Choice Air and saw it get changed to the JFK flight. After the change, I had 2 stops to get to BCN so I called Choice Air and they changed it to one stop with a longer layover in JFK.

We received notice from Delta this morning that our flight, which was JAX - ATL - BCN, had been changed to include JFK. Needless to say, I was ticked! We have 1 hour and 38 minutes in JFK. Hope my old bones will allow me to walk fast.

Shirley

We received notice from Delta this morning that our flight, which was JAX - ATL - BCN, had been changed to include JFK. Needless to say, I was ticked! We have 1 hour and 38 minutes in JFK. Hope my old bones will allow me to walk fast.

Did you bother to check if there was a different set of connections that would allow you more time? Or did you just blindly accept what DL offered to you?

Did you bother to check if there was a different set of connections that would allow you more time? Or did you just blindly accept what DL offered to you?

Yes, I checked. No other options, as far as I can tell. From your experience, do you think 1 hour and 38 minutes is ample to transverse the terminal. I am assuming our luggage will be checked straight through in JAX to BCN.

Shirley

Well, there is the JAX-JFK non-stop, or you could route on several different connections through ATL to JFK or even via CVG.

Your connection time depends a lot on what flights you are on and where your flights operate in the three terminal DL setup at JFK. You could have some longish walks, as well as waiting for a shuttle bus if anything is at T4.

I won't say it can't be done, I will say that you will need to know what you're doing when you arrive at JFK, move with dispatch, and don't dawdle.

Shirley

Double check your seat assignments on the long flight to BCN. It's a different aircraft so who knows where they put you.

We had it booked and they canceled it on us. Best part was there was NO notification. Luckily we found out and were able to fix our return flights. They had us landing in Atlanta five hours after our connecting flight left. :eek:

We had it booked and they canceled it on us. Best part was there was NO notification. Luckily we found out and were able to fix our return flights. They had us landing in Atlanta five hours after our connecting flight left. :eek:

Wow, unbelieveable. They had us going from STL to ORD to JFK to BCN. We had a whole 9 minutes to make the BCN flight. I imagine some people never think to look at their flights once purchased and are in for a big hassle.

Archived