Ob gty

We're sailing on the Quest on the 28th and waiting for suite assignment. According to Seabourn, we will be informed "within 7 days of embarkation". Sounds like you just don't know until a few days before sailing.

We've found that it varies. Sometimes we've had the allocation approx 21 days before embarkation, mostly it's between 10-7 days before.

Login to My Seabourn and go to My Reservations. Before SB changed that part of the website the allocation would show right there but the last couple of times we've had to take a GTY we've found that we had to click all the way through to the docs page to see it.

Ravenscroft - on the British site, is there a way to access your documents without going through the whole registration clicking process each time? Also - it lets me load the e-pass but not the preliminary docs - is that where the suite allocation usually is or is it on the final docs??

Many thanks

Ravenscroft - on the British site, is there a way to access your documents without going through the whole registration clicking process each time? Also - it lets me load the e-pass but not the preliminary docs - is that where the suite allocation usually is or is it on the final docs??

Many thanks

If there is a way, I'm unable to find it. Since the website was changed about a year ago I find it very clunky now - it was "Holland America-ised" and it was more user friendly previously.

I also can load the e-pass but not preliminary docs although we're not cruising till October.

As for the suite allocation, last time we did GTY was last September so it may have changed since then but this is the process as it was then.

This is lengthy, bear with me. :)

Login to My Seabourn, select Reservations.

Select 'Online Guest Registration' This takes you to the page "Guest Registration and e-Pass". enter your booking number and last name. Click continue.

The page it brings up shows top left the duration and dates of your cruise. In the middle coloumn it has the booking number. In the far right column it

says 'Suite' and 'Guar'. That's where the suite number appears.

We did notice about a week after it first appeared on that page that we could then see it on the page that comes up right at the start of the process when you've just logged into My Seabourn and select Reservations. But it definitely took several days before we saw it there.

Thanks, only 12 days for us, but still showing OB GTY. :confused:
The Seabourn upsell department is still jockeying for every last dollar. Have you received any upsell offers yet? They may not offer them on your cruise but on one cruise we were able to move from V1 GTY to a V6 just a few days before sailing for only $99pp.

OB = balcony suite

OS = outside window suite

V1-V6 are veranda (balcony) categories. V1 are the least desirable as the balcony rail has a bit of metal at the bottom. The category goes up to what most would consider the more desired decks. Many folks have different priorities and preferences so this is rather subjective.

You can see the balcony in this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2242202&highlight=metal+balcony

Edited by nolatravelgirl

Did you contact Seabourn or did they contact you about the upgrade?

If you booked directly with Seabourn, they will contact you.

If you booked with a travel agent, they will contact the travel agent. My agent has always been great about contacting me immediately if upsells are on offer. I have yet to have a sailing with Seabourn where they have not been offered at least twice (each time at diminishing prices). I think the record I've seen is 4 separate offers.

I have lost track of the number of cruises I've taken on Seabourn but have never received an upsell offer. Most times I book V2 guaranty and have never been disappointed. Actually, I kind of enjoy the "suspense" of waiting for my cabin assignment. Should I let my TA know that I am open to upsell offers or are they just done randomly?

We have cruised with Seabourn before but never on the new ships. We have an OB guarantee, are there any rooms that we should be concerned with getting. The partial solid balcony rail would not be an issue.

What is the difference between a V3 and a V5 on Deck 6 on Soujourn and Odyssey? They look exactly the same to me. Is it just a matter of location?

Yes. All the suites (except Penthouses and Signature/Owners etc) are pretty much identical in size and layout. Traditionally, cruise lines have priced cabins/staterooms higher in price the higher up on the ship you are but that doesn't really make an awful lot of sense on Seabourn - however it's what they do.

The only suites I'd be concerned about are the far forward ones in V1 on Deck five. The balconies are smaller due to the curvature of the ship and they are on top of the anchor so you'd hear some noise in tender ports when the anchor os lowered. Other than that I wouldn't worry. I've been in Deck 7 suites right below the pool and it has never been an issue. IN fact, I love those suites due to the proximity to Seabourn Square.