Anyone been upgraded AFTER tickets were issued.....

heffa72

My Carnival Agent is trying to upgrade me before the trip....I booked a group of 24 people and she said she'd do what she could to get me upgraded....but this was right around the time the tickets were issued. I know she's still trying and I know they wouldn't issue new tickets, they'd just upgrade me when I went to check in...but my question is....if she's able to upgrade me, will I be able to see that on my carnival login....or will they only have that upgrade info on paper somewhere and I won't know until that day? Does this make any sense? I've been looking on the web site every day to see if she'd done anything with my reservation....but nothings changed...I don't want to be a pest...so I'll probably just ask her the week before.

She booked my mom on a cruise last year and got her and another cabin upgraded for free at the last moment...so I'm hoping she can come through for me....we'll see....I can't ask my mom if she noticed her cabin upgrade before going on the boat because she didn't know she could even check her reservation online in the first place. She just said she showed up and they gave her a different room. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Here's hoping!

Good luck with your upgrade ckrobyn!

Heffa- I have to ask you if you got all the amenities of booking a group. I hate to see you get ripped off if all your agent is offering you is a free upgrade. For every 8 cabins booked- not people- you get a free berth.

Did you get that?

and to answer your question-- it dependson when the upgrade takes place. If it changes you will be able to see it online.. but if its not set before you sail you will not see it- youwill only be able to find out when you sail. When are you sailing?

She booked my mom on a cruise last year and got her and another cabin upgraded for free at the last moment...so I'm hoping she can come through for me....we'll see....I can't ask my mom if she noticed her cabin upgrade before going on the boat because she didn't know she could even check her reservation online in the first place. She just said she showed up and they gave her a different room. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Here's hoping!

Good luck with your upgrade ckrobyn!

Thanks heffa!

TA promised the upgrade a few months ago because he is a personal friend of ours, and had recently booked a large group on an RCI sailing. Now he saying that if there are any larger suites available, we MAY get one. A month ago it was, you WILL get one....I need a straight answer!

We booked a JS anyways, so I'm happy....I just don't like to get my hopes up only to have them quashed at the pier....know what I mean? :(

Heffa- I have to ask you if you got all the amenities of booking a group. I hate to see you get ripped off if all your agent is offering you is a free upgrade. For every 8 cabins booked- not people- you get a free berth.

Did you get that?

Serene - Yeah...when we started this "group" we had only about 4 cabins of interested people...so we really didn't know it was going to get so big....so as people jumped on board (no pun intended ;) ) the prices started going up...so by the time it was full enough to move to a "group" booking, the price was elevated to the point that we'd all have to cancel and rebook our reservations at the new rate...and the savings on that 1 berth wasn't going to be worth rebooking....(you only get the cruise less port charges and taxes, so it would have been a $400 price difference...and if we divided it by all 8 cabins, it wasn't much...and definitely didn't make up the price increase)....so we stayed as individuals. Now we're up to 24 people....but again...still too late. I really hope she upgrades me...if she doesn't I will be pretty disappointed in her....seeing that I helped organize everyone for her and helped Carnival get $18000 in bookings and who knows how much more money in the large quantity of booze they'll all drink on board....haha...

But like I said before...she really hooked up my mom last year...so I'm keeping the faith for now!!

Thanks heffa!

TA promised the upgrade a few months ago because he is a personal friend of ours, and had recently booked a large group on an RCI sailing. Now he saying that if there are any larger suites available, we MAY get one. A month ago it was, you WILL get one....I need a straight answer!

We booked a JS anyways, so I'm happy....I just don't like to get my hopes up only to have them quashed at the pier....know what I mean? :(

Well the only defense I can give your friend is that he probably has to wait for all the cabins to get sold and if they have any leftovers he can move you....I would bet the cruiseline has a "cut off" time period...and they can't move anyone unitl that cutoff is met......which make sense...they want to give the most expensive rooms to the person willing to pay, rather than get less money and upgrade you....but sometimes I think the cruiseline has to accept a little sacrifice and upgrade previous guests who are loyal to them....there's a LOT of competition out there...you'd think they'd get on board with a frequent sailing type of thing...similar to airlines....at least for "free upgrades" or something! Well I really hope it works out for you. Keep us posted!!

You are getting so close.....whoo hoo!!

When we took our first cruise I booked a cabin and over time we booked another 7 cabins...eachperson paid thier own indiviual price but when it was all over the agency treated it as a group so we could have the perks. I dunno- that was many years ago.

If you like your agent thats all that matters. I hope they come through for you with an upgrade- is the upgrade for your whole group or just you?

When we took our first cruise I booked a cabin and over time we booked another 7 cabins...eachperson paid thier own indiviual price but when it was all over the agency treated it as a group so we could have the perks. I dunno- that was many years ago.

If you like your agent thats all that matters. I hope they come through for you with an upgrade- is the upgrade for your whole group or just you?

Yeah...I'll bet they could have maybe really worked us in as a group....but I'm not going to get too heart broken if she comes through for me....she's only going to upgrade me....I have a window cabin and am looking for a balcony so I can be closer to our group...they're all on the 7th level...I'm on the 2nd...because I asked for a window and they only have windows up to the 2nd level...everyone else booked either a balcony or an inside....so we'll see. I don't want to keep harassing her...and she seems trustworthy enough.....only time will tell!

yes, the only thing I was worried about were the different coloured luggage tags.... worried that bags wouldn't make it.... They knew at the port, luggage made it... no problem.

P.S. They upgraded us, d/t price went down, we found out, and asked what the cruise line was going to do for us...... voila.... "would you like an upgrade,to make up the difference"?............ HELLO........uh ya...........:rolleyes:

Has anyone who is a lattitude member on NCL ever been offered a "free" upgrade just for being "frequent cruisers" on their cruise line? We are presently in an BA category aft cabin on deck 10 on the Star and know that as of now there are two:p Romance Cabins available right next to us. They are very similiar to a suite.

After all we will be celebrating our 30th this year..wouldn't a Romance cabin be nice!!:D

Archived