Many fellows like myself really enjoy a quick steam or sauna after a work out on a difficult day. Almost every gym now offers that facility, as does the Sun, Island and Grand classes. Few of us are interested in spa treatments, all at a hefty price. Why have you chosen to omit these facilities on an otherwise superbly designed vessel? They do not take much room and should be close to the gym. When it comes to planning a cruise, I know I will be looking at the rest of your fleet!!

Similar to the above question, so adding here . . .
After a gym work out, I need a shower. With a sweaty T-shirt and to save my fellow passengers from me walking back to my cabin, I like to shower and change by the gym area. As the above poster says, it appears gym showers are gone from the Royal, whereas they are available on almost all Princess ships. Will there be free showers or free steam/sauna for use by gym users as on your other ships? What about men/womens change rooms?

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I did see that there were supposed to be steam showers in the changing rooms in the fitness center, however steam showers really don't do the trick when one is trying to rinse off a work out. I think the removal of steam and sauna from gym changing rooms - while undesireable - is understandable, but I've never been to a fitness center anywhere that doesn't have real showers.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I fear that this is another change in design which removes one of Princess' standard amenities in favor of increasing on board revenue (i.e. pay to use the Lotus Spa Enclave). [/FONT]

That's my expectation as well. Almost all current models of steam showers allow for both, so I suspect there will be a shower option.

One thing to note about dry saunas is they are VERY power (in ship terms fuel) intensive, which may have been a factor in being located in a revenue area.

[quote name='Carolyn R']The only steam shower I have used was a combo, shower only, steam only, or a combination, all at the turn of a dial. No sauna capability though.[/quote]

[quote name='Loonbeam']
One thing to note about dry saunas is they are VERY power (in ship terms fuel) intensive, which may have been a factor in being located in a revenue area.[/QUOTE]
Again, I get the business reasons for a decision like that - but it points to businessmen rather than people who run a cruise line - so disappointing.

• 3 weeks later...
Princess Cruises has lost the plot removing the sauna and steam rooms from the fitness facility unless you have money to burn in the highly overpriced and 'exclusive' Lotus Spa situated in the wrong place!
Clearly it is a mistake and detrimental to the daily enjoyment of ALL passengers. I will certainly avoid cruising again on the Royal and look to the Caribbean, Crown, Emerald and Ruby - even P & O's Azura and Ventura, as clearly all these cruise vessels are of similar design from the Italian builders and offer a free facility - as it should be. It is great to have a daily shower in large cubicles with the added benefit of a freshen up in the sauna and steam rooms prior to the day or after a day ashore.
It it too late for next years vessel to be altered?

Archived