ORANGE FTTF tags?!

blondie151o

Hey guys ... I purchased FTTF for my cruise oct 16. I read some people say make sure you tell the porters and they give you orange tags?? Is this something I HAVE to make them aware of myself or will they see my luggage tags with my FTTF icon?! Do I need to make sure they are aware I have this?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed on Pride last week, out of Baltimore. I didn't even think to mention that we had FTTF to the luggage handler. Maybe I might have, at some point, but he was so quick and on top of things that he was hauling the suitcases out of the back of our vehicle and slapping the orange stickers on before I would have even been able to speak. They have their stuff together at the cruise port of Baltimore! YMMV. If you can remember, and the porter doesn't seem to be doing it on his own, it would probably be a good idea to mention it. Have a great cruise and enjoy your FTTF perks!:)

I once told the porter in Baltimore that I had FTTF and he had no idea what I was talking about. In Baltimore, all the luggage goes together when the luggage is dropped off and they separate it once inside.

Hey guys ... I purchased FTTF for my cruise oct 16. I read some people say make sure you tell the porters and they give you orange tags?? Is this something I HAVE to make them aware of myself or will they see my luggage tags with my FTTF icon?! Do I need to make sure they are aware I have this?

Thanks!

The porters should be watching for the FTTF logos on the luggage tags. But occasionally, you may come across someone who isn't quite so diligent. It's not a bad idea to at least watch and make sure the orange priority tags are put on your bags before handing over a tip. If the porter doesn't do it, say something before tipping.

Edited by beachbum53

Does Carnival send you your luggage tags or do you print them yourself? Do they already have the FTTF icon? I have my first Carnival cruise booked in March 2016.

Edited by PTAngel

Does Carnival send you your luggage tags or do you print them yourself? Do they already have the FTTF icon? I have my first Carnival cruise booked in March 2016.

You have to print them online. They don't mail anything anymore. Yes, they have the logo already on them when printed.

Carnival doesn't send tags, so you need to print them. We told the porters that we were priority so we stayed a minute to be sure the orange tags were put on our luggage. I think they might have noticed the priority on the luggage tags, but it was just a reminder as the FTTF was on the tags.

Has anyone noticed how sticky those tags are? I still have "tag goo" on my luggage handles from my last cruise. LOL

Yuck.:( Thankfully, our porter put them on the front of the suitcases instead of the handles. Thanks for the heads-up - I'll keep that goo in mind next time, and make sure the orange stickers never go on my handles.

Hmmmmm....never said anything the couple times we sailed out of Miami with FTTF....then when we hit Platinum sailing from NOLA and Baltimore....FTTF logo was on printed tags....luggage came...fairly soon after we boarded...no fuss..no muss.....outside of tipping the porters, nothing else was "discussed"

Speaking of fuss, don't think we gotten the "gooey glue" orange tags, seems to me, I wondered how those tags stayed on our luggage at all, let alone leaving glue goo behind...but...it's all good.

Sailed platnium for the first time last April out of NOLA. Dropped our luggage off as usual, the porter took them as usual. A fast and smooth check in and it was off to our cabin to drop off our carry ons. Our luggage had not arrived at this time, so we went and had lunch. Around 3pm went back to the cabin and no luggage yet. It arrived around 4pm without the orange tags. I dont like telling people how to do thier job, but will tell the porter next cruise that we are platnium and hope the tags are put on in front of us.

Just to make sure it probably doesn’t hurt to tell the porter you have priority luggage. A nice tip also helps them not to forget to put the tag on.

We don’t remove the orange tag until after the cruise. We have not had any problems with extra glue anywhere on our luggage.

And even with the orange tags, they don't always arrive early. That was my experience on Pride in May. On Fantasy in Charleston and Conquest from San Juan, the bags arrived quickly.

But then, my bags have always arrived well before sailing, even back in the days before I was Platinum and years before FTTF came along. I've always been unpacked before muster drill. Once I'm unpacked, that's when I consider my cruise has officially begun! :D

The porters are supposed to be on top of it, and most are.

However, last year in Tampa for the Legend we got a porter that was seriously 80 years old and cranky with a capital 'C'! :D

Gramps was relatively clueless, so I gently pointed out that we were FTTF and probably needed the orange tags, at which point he dug some out of his pocket and grudgingly attached them. :p

Yuck.:( Thankfully, our porter put them on the front of the suitcases instead of the handles. Thanks for the heads-up - I'll keep that goo in mind next time, and make sure the orange stickers never go on my handles.

They will slap them on anywhere without regard. Our Velcro neoprene handle covers got goon them. Thankful for goo gone.

However, I will trade a sticky handle to see my luggage arrive safely at my cabin.

Edited by Buffettfan 225

They will slap them on anywhere without regard. Our Velcro neoprene handle covers got goon them. Thankful for goo gone.

However, I will trade a sticky handle to see my luggage arrive safely at my cabin.

Oh, I have those same handle covers!:) Good to know Goo Gone will work on them if the stickers ever get put on them, thanks. I agree, the luggage getting to my cabin safe and fast is definitely worth some goo. Although, given my druthers, I'll take the stickers on the front of the suitcases, no goo, and getting my luggage safe and fast. I just want it all, don't I?:p

6 cruises with priority from 4 different ports all got the orange stickers and never gotten our luggage before muster. Once in Miami there were no weddings and were the 1st 2 on the ship (bucket list item:D) and still did not get luggage before muster. Don't really care just like getting on early.

I was already Platinum when they started FTTF. Never got my luggage early until I started asking for the orange tags.

The last 2 cruises, the porter hated the goo on them and tore them off the roll without removing the backing and stapled them on.

Goo be Gone is the only way I got the old stuff off!

In Baltimore last week, I asked the fellow taking our luggage if he had the "Priority" orange stickers for our bags. He had no clue what I was talking about, but the luggage had those orange stickers on the sides of our luggage when we received it in our room within an hour or so of boarding. The orange stickers came off very easily with no sticky residue on the sides of my suitcases.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Two cruises ago I had an issue with the FTTF coming off/being mangled which delayed the baggage being delivered to the room. On our cruise in August, I watched the porter put a FTTF tag on each bag before I left the bags for the terminal. All arrived safely before muster (15 bags between 5 cabins). This time around the tags were put on correctly, along with being stapled.

I once told the porter in Baltimore that I had FTTF and he had no idea what I was talking about. In Baltimore, all the luggage goes together when the luggage is dropped off and they separate it once inside.

Same thing happened there to me in May.

He told me I was wrong and threw the bags in the airport type luggage cart.

When the bags showed up - early, btw - there was orange sticker tape across the front of each bag.

In New Orleans, I told the porter about the orange tags and he said 'thanks, I forgot about that' and put an orange luggage type tag on each suitcase.