Weather advice Southampton to FT L. in Nov

Rob.London

I am thinking about booking the repositioning cruise sailing from Southampton to FT L.departing 11th Nov and wonder what the general view is regarding what the weather is likely to be like, i am thinking that as we are sailing south it would probbably be ok compared to the reg transatlatic at the same time, any views would be welcome , thanks Rob

Hard to say what the weather and sea state might be. Calm one day, rough the next.

On a crossing from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale, on Maasdam 11-95, it was smooth from Barcelona to the Azores, and fairly rough West of the Azores for about 48 hrs.

We were forward on Main Deck, and our cabin and perhaps another half-dozen or so flooded to approx. 6" when water entered the hull through the hawsepipe (anchor chainway). Luckily, the ship was not full, and they were able to relocate us to other cabins.

Travel can be an adventure.

Rob, the departure date is now the 18th November (booked it last week!). We have done many transatlantics, both westbound in October/November and eastbound in April. We have had brilliant weather after the first three or four days, with just a few rocky days with heavy seas on a few occasions. Go for it!

Sue.

I was on QM2 last Nov on the 20 Nov Crossing & was amazed at the calm seas & sunny skies! 5 out of 6 days very calm with one day a force 6 & moderate swell - but nothing to really worry about!

I even braved the cooler Nov air to go in the outdoor jacuzzi!

Have had rougher weather force 10 on the QE2 on an April 2003 crossing!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Archived