Which ship for 12 day classic voyage

Sauvignon

Floris: You will love Hurtigruten! My wife and I did the 12-day R/T on MS Vesteralen from mid to the end of Oct. Kind of a quirky ship, but as SarniaLo has so well described here, there really is no bad ship in their fleet. Scenery is magnificent and the cuisine onboard was superb. We have sailed major cruise lines for the past fifteen years and we would not hesitate to go with Hurtigruten again.....enjoy!!!

Thanks! Really looking forward [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

My husband and I are leaving from Kirkenes to Bergen 2nd week of February. Hurtigruten catalog suggests you bring traction spikes for use on the ship. Does anyone know if they are really needed? We are travelling on the Nordnorge. Anyone familiar with the wine package that is offered? Does it make sense to purchase. Thanks for your feed back.:)

Hurtigruten catalog suggests you bring traction spikes for use on the ship. Does anyone know if they are really needed?

On the ship itself, you will usually not need them (unless you have a lot of snow falling and then melting and then freezing). But they can come in handy if you want to go ashore, as sidewalks can be sometimes slippery. They do not take a lot of space so I think it is a good idea to bring them.

I think the wine package is overpriced (thus I never bought it! ;) ) and if there is only two of you I think you get more wine than necessary. If you really need wine, you can buy a bottle for a meal, if you don't finish it the crew will store it for you with your cabin number and you can drink it at another meal.

My husband and I are leaving from Kirkenes to Bergen 2nd week of February. Hurtigruten catalog suggests you bring traction spikes for use on the ship. Does anyone know if they are really needed? We are travelling on the Nordnorge. Anyone familiar with the wine package that is offered? Does it make sense to purchase. Thanks for your feed back.:)

I bought Yak Trax for my December 2014 trip and definitely used them off ship when walking around the various ports.

Floris, great to hear you've booked for 2018, but where did you find it? I'm hoping to do the same trip in March 2018 but can't find any details that far ahead yet. Thanks.

I booked directly on Hurtigruten's website.

Floris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Floris, great to hear you've booked for 2018, but where did you find it? I'm hoping to do the same trip in March 2018 but can't find any details that far ahead yet. Thanks.

On the UK website you should find all departures until 31 March 2018.

https://www.hurtigruten.co.uk/destinations/norway/classic-round-voyage-bergen-kirkenes-bergen/

It can take a bit to load. If it doesn't go to menu (top right corner), order brochure and scroll down to "Norwegian Coastal Voyages 2017/18." You can read the whole brochure online (prices start from page 93, the sailing schedule is on page 135).