Passports Photo Id for young Children

sunsetsatsea

My DH and I have passports. The last time we cruised was more than 2 years ago when our childen were 7 months. I believe that last time, all we needed was their birth certificate. At what age is photo id required? Do I still only need birth certificate? Thanks!

Upcoming scheduled cruises are both Carnival out of Florida, returning to same port in Florida

Official birth certificates will still work for a closed loop cruise (no photo ID required until 16). We got DD a passport around that age since, if there were ever an emergency when cruising, she would not be able to fly back to the US without one.

My DH and I have passports. The last time we cruised was more than 2 years ago when our childen were 7 months. I believe that last time, all we needed was their birth certificate. At what age is photo id required? Do I still only need birth certificate? Thanks!

Upcoming scheduled cruises are both Carnival out of Florida, returning to same port in Florida

Birth certificate works but a passport card is 35. I feel better cruising with the pass card. Place it is something to put in their baby book.

• 2 weeks later...

We got the passport for our daughter when we cruised when she was 20 months old. You never know what might happen when you are in a foreign country and I feel better having one. They are good for 6 years I believe and we planned on traveling with her again before they expired anyway so figured we would get our money's worth from it.

We got the passport for our daughter when we cruised when she was 20 months old. You never know what might happen when you are in a foreign country and I feel better having one. They are good for 6 years I believe and we planned on traveling with her again before they expired anyway so figured we would get our money's worth from it.

I believe it's 5 years ;)