Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

Just wondering if anyone has seen Arnotts Tim Tams for sale in USA - specifically Fort Lauderdale or Los Angeles?

Would love to buy some before we get on the ship or get some in LA for the week we will be spending there. My DH just loves Tim Tams with a cup of coffee. I don't think you can bring them in from australia.

I am presuming these are some sort of biscuit. I hope I am right. I can`t help you with your question but surely a packaged biscuit in your suitcase won`t cause any problems?:confused:

I know in Australia you are very strict about what food comes into the country. We get the Australian customs programmes here all the time.:D

Just wondering if anyone has seen Arnotts Tim Tams for sale in USA - specifically Fort Lauderdale or Los Angeles?

Would love to buy some before we get on the ship or get some in LA for the week we will be spending there. My DH just loves Tim Tams with a cup of coffee. I don't think you can bring them in from australia.

Hi Eileen' date=' I have never heard of Tim Tams, but imagine it might be some sort of bisquit or cookie?? If so what is it like??? We may not have that brand, but perhaps we could recommend something similar that we do have here. :)[/color']

Hi Eileen, I just googled Tim Tams, OMG, so they sound incredible! I'm already a fan and I never even tasted one! Now, I did see that there's a store in Texas that sells goods from Australia, and I'm sure there must be other stores like that scattered throughout the US, however I'm sure the product would probably cost twice as much as what you would pay in Australia.

I have never even seen a cookie like that here, but we do have different brands that could be found in any supermarket here which are also good. I enjoy Keebler's chocolate covered graham crackers, Fudge Stripes, and Grasshoppers (a chocolate mint cookie). So your hubby may just find something here that he may enjoy as well.

You'll have to get back to us and let us know how this works out. Always interesting when any sort of food is involved.....:p.

See you in Float Away!:)

My daughter and I had the good fortune to find them in an import store in Nebraska last year. Because we had read how good they are on a CC thread, we just had to try them. Simply Scrumptious!!!!

Now that we have tasted them we've not been able to find them again, unfortunately.

You might want to try an Oreo Cakester. The description of Tim Tam sounds very similar. Cakesters are a new Oreo product.

Sorry nothing Oreo is anything like a Tim Tam. We always take several packets with us when we come to the US for our friends in NY. They just love them.

There is no problem bringing anything packaged into the US - and incidentally that works both ways. Although Australia is very strict (and rightfully so) with the importation of food stuffs, there is no problem bringing in processed foods like that. Just make sure to DECLARE IT.

Beryl

Since 2000, and our first Tim Tam experience, we have never been able to find them here in the U.S. But we have friends in Sydney that send us 'care packages' a couple of times each year with a variety of the tasty little biscuits.

I used to return with half a suitcase full of them each time we visited Australia. You should have seen the look I received when we checked in at the Airport in Sydney and I was chosen for a spot check on my luggage. They opened up one case and there were Tim Tams everywhere. It gave the airport staff member a very good laugh! :D

But afraid there is absolutely no place in the U.S. to find anything like them, they are one of a kinds.

Edited by Toto2Kansas

Just recently Tim Tams have made their way to Canada via the Loblaws and Superstore grocery stores! I saw chocolate flavor and caramel flavor ones recently! I'm sure you'll find them in the US.

And you just reminded me, it would be fantastic to have a Tim Tam on the deck with a nice hot cup of coffee/tea!

If you don't want to haul a bunch of TimTams with you, you could try a candy bar here called Twix. As you know, what we call biscuits wouldn't even be close. There might be a cookie that would come close, I'm just not familiar with any.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twix

Sounds very similar, might do in a pinch, and they would be readily available everywhere.

Edited by agabbymama

I found this article. Seems like they were here, and now they're gone.

NORWALK, Conn.--(Business Wire)--

This past fall, Pepperidge Farm introduced American consumers to the Tim Tam

cookie, an iconic and delectable Australian `biscuit` made by bakers at

Arnott`s, a sister company. Made available exclusively at Target stores

beginning in November 2008, Tim Tam cookies quickly flew off shelves nationwide,

as consumers clamored to stock up before the limited release ended in March

If you don't want to haul a bunch of TimTams with you, you could try a candy bar here called Twix. As you know, what we call biscuits wouldn't even be close. There might be a cookie that would come close, I'm just not familiar with any.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twix

Sounds very similar, might do in a pinch, and they would be readily available everywhere.

Twix are not really like Tim Tams - the biscuit to caramel ratio is not right:( - they are delicious though - God Bless Mr Mars:D