Tzora Easy Travel Scooter

nieciez

I purchased one of these scooters used and keep it at work for my use there. I LOVE my Travelscoot and keep that in my SUV for shopping and at home. I usually take it for travel. But, since having to go off some meds I have having a lot more issues with pain in my legs. I really think the Tzora will be easier on my legs and back with the flat bottom leg panel and the molded seat vs the motorcycle like foot pegs and seat on the TS.

Have any of you traveled with a Tzora Easy Travel/Lexus Light etc model scooter? My question is how do you prepare it for storage on the airplane? Do you fold it up completely at the jetway to be stored in the luggage hold or do you leave it in the full open position?

Hi Denise,

Although I can't answer specifically for the Tzora, I never fold up my Travelscoot for gate checking on a plane. Just remove the Li-on battery and put it in the insulated tote and carry it on. The scooter heads down to hold as is!!

I've never had any problem with the scooter fully upright. I would imagine the same would be true for your new one.

Sorry you're having trouble with your legs.

Marlee

I have a Tzora Easy Travel Deluxe. I haven't used it in a long time since I purchased a Travelscoot. I flew with it many times. I always folded it because if the ground crew folded the seat down it would unlock the frame where it folds and they could possibly drop it. What I did was drive it to the airplane door, take the battery off, fold the scooter and put a bungee cord around the seat. It would only take about 10 seconds to fold. I would carry the battery on board. A couple of times I was able to talk them into putting the scooter in a closet in the cabin, but that was on large aircraft.

• 1 year later...

I've traveled all over the world with my scooter & have never had a problem. It's only 22" wide so fits through most tight spaces. Mine is called Easy Light Deluxe but i'm pretty sure it's the same thing as yours & made by Tzora. I ride it to the plane door, fold it down, & it gets taken away & returned to me right at the plane door at the end of the flight.

My husband has traveled with his Tzora scooter all over the world. We do the same, drive it to the door of the plane, TAKE OUT THE KEY, then it is taken away and stored, then brought back to us at our next stop.

We have tried to take the battery on board with us many times, but have only been able to do it once on a large aircraft. We never fold the scooter, but sometimes it comes back to us folded.

We also attach the instructions sheet to the hand bar.

In China, they didn't know what to make of it, or how to handle it. After about a half an hour and several phone calls they made us take it to the "oversize" luggage area and they wrapped it with cellophane and took us to the gate by wheelchair.

We would not be able to travel as much as we do, if my husband did not have this wonderful scooter. We started out with a Pride GoGo scooter but it was very heavy for us to handle on our own so we got this Tzora folding scooter and now we can get it in and out of the car with ease.

WOW, I am surprised this floated back to the top :D

I did take this scooter with us for our Alaska cruise in May 2012 and I did in fact fold it up, and I let the battery on it. My next two trips/cruises I used the Travelscoot again.

Has anyone with a Tzora gotten the new Li-on battery for the Tzora?

Hi Denise,

Just out of curiosity, which of the two scooters did you prefer when traveling?

Marlee, The Travelscoot is by far the easier to manage because it is so light and maneuvers better in tight spots. The Tzora does better on those steep gangways on a ship where sometimes on the Travelscoot I need someone to help push me if I can't get a "running start". The Tzora is a more comfortable ride because the seat is a chair vs the bike seat. Since I still have strength in my legs for reverse etc I prefer to travel with the Travelscoot. For someone with balance issues the Tzora is the better scooter. Both are great scooters though.

Thanks for the swift reply!

My MS has become secondary progressive and I recognize that I may need more of a full featured scooter sooner than I thought...sounds good though. How many $$? On line?

Have a great Labor day!!

Marlee

Archived