British Colonial Hilton Nassau’s Day Pass

ljzelenz

Hello My husband and I and are children ages 7 and 9 will be sailing on the Allure. We will be in Nassau on April 2nd until 3:00 pm.

We are interested in going to the Hilton.

Do you need to reserve day passes prior to sailing ? What is the best way to get the passes ? How much should we expect to pay?

Also, I use a wheelchair. Will we be able to walk to the Hilton from where the Allure docks ? How far is the walk ? Has anyone done this with children ? Is it safe ?

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you so much, Lori

Hello My husband and I and are children ages 7 and 9 will be sailing on the Allure. We will be in Nassau on April 2nd until 3:00 pm.

We are interested in going to the Hilton.

Do you need to reserve day passes prior to sailing ? What is the best way to get the passes ? How much should we expect to pay?

Also, I use a wheelchair. Will we be able to walk to the Hilton from where the Allure docks ? How far is the walk ? Has anyone done this with children ? Is it safe ?

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you so much, Lori

Day Passes for the British Colonial Hiltion is available for purchase by visiting: http://www.bahamascruiseexcursions.com

Adults: $50.00 online purchase $55.00 on property purchase

Kids 12 and under 50% off adult price

Day Passes include:

• beach access
  • $30.00 food and beverage credit
  • Access to the pool
  • Beach towels
  • Use of non motorized water sports

The hotel is about 5 short blocks from the dock. you should be able to navigate a wheel chair along the wharf and around to the front of the building.

If you are on facebook.. check out the facilites and photos on their page.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/HiltonNassau?sk=wall

Can you purchase the passes at the desK? Do they ever sell out ?

Thanks

You can purchase at the front desk for $55.pp

They usually don't sell out, but during spring break, i've seen them turn away groups that may cause a problem or be disruptive.

It's NOT a spring break kind of place. It's quiet and relaxing with great staff.

Day Passes for the British Colonial Hiltion is available for purchase by visiting: www.bahamascruiseexcursions.com

Adults: $50.00 online purchase $55.00 on property purchase

Kids 12 and under 50% off adult price

Day Passes include:

• beach access
  • $30.00 food and beverage credit
  • Access to the pool
  • Beach towels
  • Use of non motorized water sports

The hotel is about 5 short blocks from the dock. you should be able to navigate a wheel chair along the wharf and around to the front of the building.

Anyone know if a 4 year old's food and beverage credit would also be half or $15?

Thanks for that! They have some great photos.

We did the Hilton a few years ago, and enjoyed it a lot. We will be back in Nassau again soon, and this is high on our list of possibilities! I love the new beach furniture.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
We will be in Nassau in May. We are going to the Sheraton for a day. I called their 800 number and you can just go and pay $ 25.00. Anyone else done this?

Yes, and liked it a bit better than the Hilton. You will need to take a cab or the jitney bus. Bigger beach and cooler pools, nicer views.

save for info

It's easy enough to find one of the many, many threads without bumping up old ones. Or just bookmark it to your own browser, or save it so you can easily return to it later.

This subject (the various hotel options) comes up all the time.

I'll be there (BCH) soon (although not soon enough!) and happily share my opinions when I return.

Edited by NCTribeFan

Have been to Nassau a few times and "noticed" the Hilton, but never paid much attention. You can see it from the ship. I **THOUGHT** it was a pool with lounge chairs, etc. Everyone is talking about a beach. :confused::confused: Also, what kind of food do they serve? We went to Blue Lagoon the last time we were in Nassau, but this year we will be there in Feb. and don't want to take a chance on cooler weather and prefer to stay near the ship. TIA.

What are the day pass hours at most of these locations? We don't arrive until 2pm so it may not be worth it.

Most end around 5 or 6pm .. In the winter.. it's dark by 5pm..

Hilton bar/grill closes at 5... I think Sheraton does as well.

Arriving that late, I wouldn't pay for a day pass... there are public beaches you can use for a couple of hours.

Does anyone know what kind of food they have? TIA

TropicalSalad

Caesar with grilled chicken or Shrimp

Grouper Fingers

Turkey Club

Jerk Chicken Wrap (one of my favorites)

Burgers

Chicken Fingers

and a few more.. It's not an extensive menu, but I'm sure yu can find something you like

They also have a soup of the day and fish of the day

Most range from 10$ - 15$ plus gratuities.

Thanks Scubagirl. I was under the impression that if you buy the day pass, they give you a $30 food/drink voucher. I am just one of those "why should I pay for food when I have delicious food for free on the ship" people. :o But this sounds good and something different to try while on vacation! ;)

Thanks Scubagirl. I was under the impression that if you buy the day pass, they give you a $30 food/drink voucher. I am just one of those "why should I pay for food when I have delicious food for free on the ship" people. :o But this sounds good and something different to try while on vacation! ;)

you are right.. a $30 food/drink voucher is included with the pass.

Although not an extensive menu.. food is good,barstaff is friendly, and the view it gorgeous.

Enjoy!