CAR RENTAL from LAX..to Cruise....then again..

1newf1not

HI!! Well...it seems renting a car may be our best bet $$ wise...

so....anyone know who can do this:

If we rent from LAX...drive to San pedro...then drop off the car...will the rental place then bring us to the cruise?

AND on teh way back...get off the cruise...have the rental place pick us up...to rent the car again....and then....take the car back to LAX (well...we are gonna go to UNiversal for the day and reutn the car at LAX the next day)

Anyone have experience with car renting? I was TOLD somewhere on here I think...that this can be done?

AND who should we RENT with??? :)

Thanks YET Again!!!!

Try calling the Budget office direct (the one not at Long Beach airport...I think its code is LG2...but look it up on www.budget.com) to see if they will. We were originally going to try that, but we're renting in Las Vegas and dropping off in Long Beach. Alamo was so much cheaper for a week that it doesn't matter what a taxi costs from the airport, we're going with Alamo and dropping at Long Beach Airport.

Enterprise is your only option right at the port. They will shuttle you (it is about 2 blocks) but they close after noon on Saturday and are not open at all on Sunday. My understanding is that they also impose a fee if you don't take their cars back to the original location for turn in. Otherwise, as above, taking a cab or shuttle to/from Long Beach Airport for car rental may be your best option. You may have to shop around for one that doesn't have a surcharge for a one-way rental.

Archived