Some iFly questions

We'll be on the Anthem this fall, and I have several questions for those who have done iFly:

I've read somewhere on here that you should not have anything in your pockets, which makes sense. So what do you do with your sea pass card, or should you just wear your WOW band?

Okay to have your wrist watch and wedding ring on?

Obviously, you can't bring a camera in with you, but if your spouse is signed up for the same time slot, can he or she be taking photographs while you fly (and vice versa), or are you prohibited from bringing anything at all into the waiting area?

Anything else that newbies should know? :)

Thanks!

Hi Turtles.

IFly is superb, you'll love it.

I'll answer as best I can.

There's a locker room type room where you put on your jumpsuit, goggles and helmet. There's also shelves were you can put your "stuff" there open but right by the desk so there's always a crew member near by. This will give you an idea.

ad29c19bb5de01d0fb7e7a2d8ad2bf50.jpg

They ask for all loose items to be removed, so watches and ring need to be off. And dentures!

No cameras in the tube area - they don't want any risk of anything loose getting into the tube so no cameras either I'm afraid. The area outside of the tube is quite large and an open access area so someone else (not flying) can take pictures or video. My DW videoed my flight when I went for my third flight.

Although you can only book 1 appt. You can turn up and wait for standby. I did standby twice and waited about 20 minutes in total.

Enjoy, I did.

598f8ac746edf6c6db7d397a0c20b72b.jpg

Thanks papcx for the very helpful info and the photos! I saw that photo of you on another thread and totally love it. So what exorbitant sum does Royal charge for the pics? :)

Good reminder about the dentures. ;)

I do, however, wear glasses; I've read previously that they are okay as the goggles fit over them. I hope that's true, as I really would like to be able to see what I'm doing!

Yeah. I love that photo so I'll post it every chance I get.

I bought a package ($150 for 20 if I remember rightly) so I don't know the individual price.

I wear contacts when on holiday so didn't have the glasses problem. I would think that the goggles would fit over glasses, however, depending on the heat the goggles (and therefore your glasses) can steam up a bit.

Yeah. I love that photo so I'll post it every chance I get.

You should, given what you paid for it! :)

Seriously, it's a great photo. You look like you are having the time of your life. Thanks again for all the info.

You can leave on your wedding ring and they tape over it for you.

My husband wears glasses and had no problems with the goggles over.

Also make sure you wear sports shoes that can be done up tight. No sandels etc.

Obviously, you can't bring a camera in with you, but if your spouse is signed up for the same time slot, can he or she be taking photographs while you fly (and vice versa), or are you prohibited from bringing anything at all into the waiting area?

The best pics will be had from outside the waiting area (that's where the RCI photographer is) and you can't go out there during the session - best if you can make a deal with one of the many spectators to take pics of you. Or you and spouse can go in different sessions.

The best pics will be had from outside the waiting area (that's where the RCI photographer is) and you can't go out there during the session - best if you can make a deal with one of the many spectators to take pics of you. Or you and spouse can go in different sessions.

Regarding the seperate sessions: that's what I have booked. Every 20 min there is a new session so I didn't book the one right after but the one starting 40 min later. Will that be enough?

Regarding the seperate sessions: that's what I have booked. Every 20 min there is a new session so I didn't book the one right after but the one starting 40 min later. Will that be enough?

Yes, there's usually only 2 sessions at a time - one in training/getting ready (15-20 min) and one in the Ripcord (about 15 min).

Thanks papcx for the very helpful info and the photos! I saw that photo of you on another thread and totally love it. So what exorbitant sum does Royal charge for the pics? :)

Royal charge $20 for a single photo - there are deals on packages starting from 8 photo's but I do not know what they cost.