Isn't it time the Quantum sub forum is removed ?

Hi All

Hope the mods don't move this to the sub forum before there is plenty of feedback

I find it quite frustrating that this sub forum still exists. I can understand it being used before Quantum was built/launched .... after all the title is "Countdown to Quantum" but Quantum has been sailing almost a year now and Anthem is already sailing out of the UK.

I find it difficult to get the level of feedback that other ships do in the main forum as many who have already cruised Quantum or even Anthem may be looking at their next cruise on the rest of the fleet and therefore stay in the main forum.

I know there was a similar sub forum for Oasis - Harmony is not in service yet but plenty of posts are made in the main forum so what's the difference ? There's a thread about Harmony that started on Monday on the main forum has had 121 posts and almost 5000 views - similar posts about Anthem that is sailing move so quick they can get far less responses and views ..... and before anyone says I know a handful of threads have had decent views.

I just think its time to bring these two ships back into the main forum

Anyone got any views on this ?

Those that have already sailed on Quantum or Anthem, what do you think ?

Those that have booked but not sailed on Quantum, Anthem or Ovation, what do you think ?

Those that are thinking of sailing on any of the Quantum class ships, what do you think ?

Anyone got any views on this ?

Those that have already sailed on Quantum or Anthem, what do you think ?

Those that have booked but not sailed on Quantum, Anthem or Ovation, what do you think ?

Those that are thinking of sailing on any of the Quantum class ships, what do you think ?

I posted these two replies on a Quantum thread today. I think it is time to merge, but I am not a moderator and nor is this my website.

First Reply

OP, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I wish it had a better ending.

As for Quantum and its Class being the worst ship ever, I don't know as I haven't sailed on her. I do wonder if the CC Moderators might feel that way. I only wonder that as the sub forum for Quantum Class is still in existence a year and a half after she was launched, let alone her sister ship has made it to sea as well. It is rather curious. Are Quantum discussions hidden away so people forget that it exists or is it just good discussion board management. Please moderators don't cut my post as I am going somewhere with this.:)

This thread too will be moved quickly to the sub forum. Its posting activity will lessen if not completely end as few CCers visit that area. The only thread that lasted on the main board for more than a day and a half was Bugsy's epic live review. I don't know if his live review was ever moved to the sub forum but practucally every other thread has, even the one comparing Oasis Class to the Quantum class.

Kudos to the mods though for organizing the boards, as they are directing threads to where they should be. I am not criticizing the moderators. I am just comparing the idea I have. Which is, is RC is doing the same thing by sending its second newest ship to the Pacific Rim.

I wonder if Quantum Class ships will always be segregated on the RC board or eventually be welcomed to the main board? Just as RC sent the ship to the other side of the world far from NA. Espically when it was to be New York's ship. It is a good thing Alex and his Madagascar friends didn't get on her as they wouldn't have ended up in New York City. It more reminds me of "Sloth" from The Goonies, hidden and locked away where not many people know he exsists. Is the Quantum Class RC's "Sloth"?

EDIT: I was very excited to sail on Quantum until she was repositioned. I will try Anthem if she is based in NY in the summer, but not in the winter. Until I try them I can't form a formal opinion. My ramblings above are more of a philosophical discussion.

Second reply

I forgot to mention that the sub-forum would have started shortly after the Quantum Class was announced. I just quickly looked at the oldest dated thread on the Quantum sub-forum and I found a thread that started February 11, 2013. There might be older but I didn't spend a lot of time looking. On a side note this thread was moved from the main baords to the sub-section in less than 3 hours.

I think if the Quantum class returned to the main boards that class might get more attention, positive and negative. However like any thread if you don't want to read about it don't click on it. With Quantum now overseas we will even read less about it. Anthem will create more posts once it arrives in NA, but by any means it won't overrun the boards. Maybe the Quantum class needs more main forum attention on the RC boards. I myself rarely click on the sub-forum as the threads tend to have little discussion and following.

I wonder if Bermuda had dredged their harbour in advance of Quantum's launch, how much different the story of Quantum would be?

If Quantum ls to be segregated forever then all ship classes should be segregated too. If you are looking for information on one class then why make people look at all the other ships and general discussions too. I have extrapolated that from some CC poster's discussions point. The RC board would essentially have 6 sub forums for each class of ship and then a general discussion area. However, no other cruise line has this on Cruise Critic. I think this could make extra work for the moderators as they would need to be moving a ton of threads into their right location in addition to their normal duties such as watching over heated discussions, and other forum protocols.

In a John Steward style of monologue I present the following.

To my beloved moderators I ask of you to stop the segregation of the Quantum Class of ship. Just this week in America views are changing and daily. America is tearing down some walls. Berlin tore down its walls. Cruise Critic please tear down the walls that hold back Quantum. Let it join the main RC boards. It is no longer a countdown, it is a reality. I will now borrow some words from Ronald Regan's speech about combining east and west German, Es gibt nur ein Cruise Critic. (There is only one Cruise Critic)

EDIT: If they are joined I will most likely regret having to sift through the extra threads to find something I want to read and perhaps comment on.;):) For all readers of this post, it is all in fun, so please take it that way.

I would like Quantum class ships to be in the main forum as well. :)

We are on Anthem in Sept. and would get much more interest and discussion if they were not hidden away from the main RC board.

Please Cruise Critic it is now time to give the Quantum class a chance of more discussion and posts on the main board. :):):)

Hi,

way easier to find info

Fyi there is a chance to read all info on each separate ship at the top of the RC Forum page, all the ships are listed there for you to find info on each ship easily. :)

I think most people go to any forum and look/scroll through the first couple three pages and then move on.

Having the Quantum forum separate means that there is a lot less traffic for those posts. People end up posting their question on the main boards to get more answers and then it gets moved back to Quantberia.

Edited by marci22

I prefer if the Quantum subclass remains separate. Since this class is very unique to the style, structure, restaurants than any other class, it would be more difficult to find posts specifically dealing with these ships.

Perhaps when all the changes have been completed, then it could be merged.

For example, this year i had both the Quantum and Liberty booked. I could sort and read many reviews and features about Liberty and/or Freedom class ships easily in the main section. But when trying to find out about the changes on Quantum class, which were/are many, it would be difficult to follow if it were mixed in with all the other reviews. I still think there's more changes to come and not everything happening today will be so next year for my booked cruise on Anthem.

For now, I like it and have not had any problems going between the two sections. When it seems that Quantum class issues have been resolved and more consistent, then it should be merged.

I will just note that the SEARCH function does bring up results in both the main forum and the 'sub-forum' when used in the main forum.

I guess the best indication of why the threads might need to be merged was the new thread posted this week 'Comparison between Oasis Class and Quantum Class' that started to get replies on the main forum.

It was moved to the 'Countdown to Quantum' forum within an hour and did garner 8 very good replies in two days.

Why was this thread not just as much about the Oasis Class as the Quantum Class and would that thread have gotten more replies on the main forum?

Thanks for all the replies so far

From the majority that have responded so far it would appear that many feel it should be merged back to the main forum

For me the difference is if you're wanting to get feedback on any aspect of Royal Caribbean of its ships the questions or threads posted in the main forum generally get more views and responses than those hidden in the sub forum

If it was in the main forum you would get more views (even from those who have not sailed on the two ships) and many past Quantum or Anthem passengers would more likely respond to a question raised if it was within the full forum

The problem with a sub forum is that it is predominantly visited by people who are going to sail on this class rather than those that sailed on Quantum/Anthem and are now looking at Indy, Oasis or Navigator etc

As I said in my original post - It's no longer a "countdown" .... this class has two ships fully operational and thousands have already sailed on them

Please merge it and all new Anthem or Quantum cruisers will get more opportunity for feedback ...... Isn't that what Cruise Critic is for ?

Thanks again for all your feedback

Edited by barneymag

• 2 weeks later...