Sailing Anthem 18th July 2015

I shall be writing a full and detailed review from a Technology point of view, as this is what I do for work and pleasure. I have all the gadgets from smartwatch to tablet and phone.

The review will be posted after I return as I will be enjoying my 2 weeks holiday. I am posting this thread before I go, for people to post a question or query they have and want me to check it out. I shall be experiencing all restaurants, paid and free. Doing all activities, even the "all access tour" and watching every show. I shall experience every venue (once) and being taking a lot of pictures. I have loved the idea of this ship before Quantum was built.

So if you want a picture of something or for me to investigate something before I go, post today. I will check this thread Saturday morning but anything posted after 9am will be read on my return.

I'm doing the puzzle room so will take a snap of time sheet if available.

Do you really want all 12 restaurants menu's and their repeat change menu on the second week and the snack menu's? Four pages a menu will equal 96 pictures plus snack menu's and you are over 100 photo's. And all these menu's could be completely changed next month, or defently changed when she comes stateside.

Can you take pics of all the menus, please. Also at the various bars. Thank you in advance. Waiting for your report. Check out the puzzle room and find out what times they do it.

Here's a link to Anthem menus shared by Nicolai from the April 22, 2015 cruise. We were on Anthem June 20-July 4 and there were some changes from what he posted. Guessing changes may be ongoing....especially when Anthem comes to Bayonne.

http://hjorth.com/menus-from-anthem-of-the-seas/

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

In terms of technology: I'd appreciate knowing if there's a cost now to use the Royal iQ app to text or call another passenger and, if so, how much.

I'd also be interested in knowing how easy you find it to see the daily schedule, make and change reservations, etc. on your smartphone and/or tablet. And I'm sure you don't need to be asked to let us know how the wi-fi is around the ship. :)

Thanks and have a great trip! I look forward to reading your review when you return!

In terms of technology: I'd appreciate knowing if there's a cost now to use the Royal iQ app to text or call another passenger and, if so, how much.

I'd also be interested in knowing how easy you find it to see the daily schedule, make and change reservations, etc. on your smartphone and/or tablet. And I'm sure you don't need to be asked to let us know how the wi-fi is around the ship. :)

Thanks and have a great trip! I look forward to reading your review when you return!

I won't be using the royal iq app to text or call as the wife and I have free unlimited calls and texts in all the ports of calls on our cruise. We are on EE extra plan and can use our phones in 39 European countries for free, to ring each other or anyone in the UK.

I will check costings for you (and others) and I'm also interested in testing the wifi and app out to its full whilst onboard as well.

The text and chat is chargeable however I don't know the cost as I didn't use it:

IMG_0085.PNG

The ability to see and change things in the Royal iQ app was a joy to use, you never need to remember the peoples names that you are dining with again as they are shown in the reservation (classic dining only!)

aos2.jpg

I did the access all areas tour and one fascinating fact was that there are 3,300 CCTV cameras on-board all recording all the time, quite amazing. When I get around to it I'll put some pics up in my own thread!

As Sauspud is passing on the app I'll try this one.

On the Anthem (June 1st - 13th) the cost of using the App to text or call others with the App was $15 pd for each App. A bit steep for my blood.

Using the App to view your planner etc was very good. Day 1 will have your luggage tracker which worked perfectly in our case.

The planner was easy to view and book or change bookings. The only issue I found was adding people from other cabins when trying a new booking. We had friends (2 different surnames) in a separate cabin and for some reason couldn't add all 4 of us to a new booking.

Your account is easily viewed and updated instantly. Only problem is it just gets bigger and bigger. [emoji3]

Only thing missing is the daily planner.

SausPud: thanks, and again, have a great trip!

Mike and papcx: thanks for the info and feedback on the Royal iQ app.

We are also planning to the do the All Access Tour if it's available; we are on the TA, with 8 straight days at sea, so I assume they'll be able to fit it in. :)

BTW, is the All Access Tour offered only once, or are there several times to choose from?

Thanks!

Edited by Turtles06

BTW, is the All Access Tour offered only once, or are there several times to choose from?

Thanks!

The tour had only 3 time slots on seadays only to choose from. Out of 8 ports and 5 sea days the choice wasn't too bad. If demand is high enough they might do more but it does say limited spaces, so book it early when shown in your planner online.

If possible would you be able to find out what the vegetarian options are in the complimentary restaurants? All of the menus posted all say 'vegetarian options available, ask your server' but nothing is marked on the menus as being vegetarian.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork

Would u be kind enough to check if there r "made to order omelettes" stations at b'fast in the WJ?

Thank you for doing this, and, again, I wish you a very enjoyable cruise :)

There is and they're good!

• 2 weeks later...

Just answering the questions that haven't been answered. Full review to be written over the next couple of days.

Puzzle room times are 4 a day at 10:30, 12:30, 14:30 and 16:30. Book in the seaplex at the office on the port side. The venue is the teens room.

Royal IQ app was easy and you can use your stateroom tv, ipads around the ship or your own device. No need for internet package to use it. Read my full review for other free internet services available that aren't normal available and how to access them for free i.e. youtube.

Did the "All Access Tour", great fun and worth the money. Also did a VIP backstage tour of Wonderland (More info in my review). Limited numbers so book early i.e. before you cruise.

Vegetarian options are made special each night and change daily so you need to ask, as some sauces do contain meat stock.

Wine lists vary from restaurant to bar and so much choice. Didn't take pictures of them all as they are already on Cruise Critic, just search and you will find them.

Sorry CaptData, but as you replied 2 days into my cruise I have only just read your request. But as above states, these menus are already available to read but they will change before the ship goes stateside but not much.

Anything else just ask and also read my full review (posting in a couple of days time as have so many goody tidbits to share) for other information.