Anthem Questions

Hello all,

I haven't been on Royal for two years, and haven't been on a Quantum class ship either so I have some questions for recent Anthem cruisers.

1. What eating places are open 24 hours? Sometimes I wake up very early (4am! :eek:) and like to go for a walk and a snack :D

2. I will be a platinum member on this cruise. Are there any coupons which are significantly different over gold?

3. Can you get out onto the bridge wings from the Solarium all the time? That looks like a decent spot for sailaway.

4. Am I still able to remove the auto-gratuity? I have always preferred to pay tips directly in cash and would like to be able to do this on Anthem.

5. I am debating whether it is worth it to get the drinks package, and can't seem to find a definitive answer on how much drinks cost! I've heard they are going to be $12 each?

Hello all,

I haven't been on Royal for two years, and haven't been on a Quantum class ship either so I have some questions for recent Anthem cruisers.

1. What eating places are open 24 hours? Sometimes I wake up very early (4am! :eek:) and like to go for a walk and a snack :D

Winjammer is open 24 hours :)

2. I will be a platinum member on this cruise. Are there any coupons which are significantly different over gold?

Not sure

3. Can you get out onto the bridge wings from the Solarium all the time? That looks like a decent spot for sailaway.

yes! I love to go out there. You have to go to the Solarium, and either side at the front there is a door that leads out to the wing. Great views

4. Am I still able to remove the auto-gratuity? I have always preferred to pay tips directly in cash and would like to be able to do this on Anthem.

Yes. Go to GS

5. I am debating whether it is worth it to get the drinks package, and can't seem to find a definitive answer on how much drinks cost! I've heard they are going to be $12 each?

Cocktails were advertised at $12 each. I had the select package and just had Beer

See above for answers :)

At my last Quantum and Anthem cruises Windjammer did close 9:30pm

Last to close are Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's pizzeria at 3:00 am - and first to open are Windjammer and Cafe Promenade at 6:00am - I do not believe that any snack bar or restaurant will be open between 3:00am and 6:00am

At my last Quantum and Anthem cruises Windjammer did close 9:30pm

Last to close are Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's pizzeria at 3:00 am - and first to open are Windjammer and Cafe Promenade at 6:00am - I do not believe that any snack bar or restaurant will be open between 3:00am and 6:00am

"thejewgarnaut" is doing a "live blog"

pls. see the link below --

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2236078&page=4

on post #66 it says that the WJ is open 24/7 :)

It is a feature unique in the Royal Caribbean fleet to the Quantum class.

The Windjammer stays open 24 hours a day.

:)

It is a feature unique in the Royal Caribbean fleet to the Quantum class.

The Windjammer stays open 24 hours a day.

Thank you for the update - I'm one of the people fully believing in the Daily Planner listing

Hi there.

I was on the Anthem in June also. I was in the windjammer at 2AM one morning. There was a small selection of burgers, dogs, onion rings and chips (fries) available.

The guy who served me said there was "something" available 24hr a day.

Edited by papcx

Here is the list of opening hours from the Compass:

aos3.jpg

The windjammer was a strange one, we went there once at 9pm and it looked like they were shutting down, the food islands were roped off. Others have said a small part is open after 9pm but I never discovered it.

There should be section which is open 24h. Quote from RCL website:

"Here, staff prepares signature specialties to your specs—like fresh-pressed paninis, juices blended before your eyes, and fluffy omelets. Plus a new 24-hour station, The Grill, with rotisserie chicken, Philly cheese steaks, all-day breakfast and more on a menu that changes daily."

It's not mentioned in the daily Compass at all, ever. (See above)

I wonder why they would open it 24 hours and not advertise it on board?

Must be a lonely job!

Have to check it myself on January - if such Grill station even exists. :) Might be that it is so small section and working with minimum staff that they don't want to get crowds in.

• 3 weeks later...

We've booked Anthem of the Seas for 2 weeks start of Sept which was promoted as 'all-inclusive' which from what I've read on hear seems to mean that the standard drinks package is included in the fare. But a couple of things I've not been able to work out from the replies so far...

1) It says you can only order one drink at a time - so if there is a party of six of us do we all have to go up to the bar and order our individual drinks - nobody can get a round in?

2) I've heard it includes 'beer and wine' but there are bars serving premium beers (real ales?) - my assumption is that these aren't included but do you get a discount on these?

3) At meal times we will be in a party of 6 so does it include bottles of wine or will we all have to order a glass each?

Just interested in how it actually works!

If you are ordering drinks for more than one person then you could have to hand over the appropriate number of sea pass cards (all showing that they have a drinks package). For dinner you could order some wines by the glass, and usually the waiter would then bring you refills. If you order a bottle then you have to pay (though you get a 20% discount). I didn't order ale, but for wine, if you say ordered Moet which is $17, then you pay the difference only from what is allowed in your package. I would guess it would be the same for ale.

The Windjammer on Anthem is NOT 24 hours like the rest of the fleet.

The daily planner posted above is correct.

I was walking around and went down some stairs by the Flowrider and ending in the outside eating area of the windjammer. I went inside and was in the windjammer, it was around 4pm and it was completely shut. They were getting ready for the evening meal. I had to get a man to open the door to let us out, rather than walk back the way we came.

If there was a section open 24 hours, then the main fire doors wouldn't be shut, let alone locked.

Hello all,

2. Some items in the gift shop had 10% off for Platinum.

3. No. Maybe in port, but the 2 times we tried at sea, the doors were locked shut, although that was later in the evening. Who knows!? :D

5. Cocktails from the Bionic Bar were $12, some may be more. Non alcoholic drinks were significantly less $4. Selected cocktails at dinner in the 4 complimentary restaurants were $14. :eek: