Buying liquor on ship for.....

consumption in your cabin has been posted as a possibility. Has anyone recently done this on the Mariner for sure? What is the corkage fee and can you also buy wine? It sure would be nice to be able to have a couple of drinks on the balcony before dinner, and since we all know that bringing liquor on board is not alllowed...wink wink.

They do not sell wine in the liquor store. The wine packages include multiple bottles. I don't know if you can order a bottle from room service, but that might be possible. And yes you can buy liquor and pay the consumption fee to take it to your cabin on Mariner. We did this.

beachchick

On the first day to got to one of the bars and you can order a wine package. It can be delivered to your room or the dining room.

We have pre ordered 2 bottles of wine to be in our room when we arrive.

A quick question: if you do buy a wine package or preorder wine and then bring one of those bottles to the DINING ROOM for DINNER, would they still charge you a corckage fee? If not, then the question is: what If I buy the same wine they sell in packages at home and bring it with me, they would not know where I got it, right? And still NOT charge me the corckage fee? We have done that on Princess and it was great!

Thanks for you response,

Lana

A quick question: if you do buy a wine package or preorder wine and then bring one of those bottles to the DINING ROOM for DINNER, would they still charge you a corckage fee? If not, then the question is: what If I buy the same wine they sell in packages at home and bring it with me, they would not know where I got it, right? And still NOT charge me the corckage fee? We have done that on Princess and it was great!

Thanks for you response,

Lana

I am not sure but I will find out next week. We plan on doing just that. I know you can buy a bottle from room service as we have done that before.

We are doing the wine package this time as you get 25% off the price for 7 bottles of wine.

We quit carrying it on we one of the porters dropped a suitcase and broke the bottle of wine in our luggage. Good thing we had it in one of those vacum bags so it didn't leak.

Glen and Kay

consumption in your cabin has been posted as a possibility. Has anyone recently done this on the Mariner for sure? What is the corkage fee and can you also buy wine? It sure would be nice to be able to have a couple of drinks on the balcony before dinner' date=' and since we all know that bringing liquor on board is not alllowed...wink wink.[/quote']

I was stunned with the liquor situation. I went in thinking that there was no way you could get your own alcohol on board. The very first night at sea they had a great special at the liquor store. I did the rum thing. If you bought 4 bottles then, they would give you two to take back to your room and 2 when you left the ship. It was 4 liters of Myers Dark for $39. That's less than $10 each for stuff that sells for almost $20 here in Houston. The price was fantastic!!! No corkage fee involved. A great deal to say the least!

Brad

I will be on that boat in 46 hours 33 minutes and 2 seconds. I always bring my own liquor in my checked on luggage. If I can buy it on the boat....that would save me lots of trouble and room in my luggage. So.....from what I understand, you can either go to the liquor store and buy as much as you want????? or - get a 5th through room service????? I want to make sure before I leave. Would hate to get stuck on the first day without our bon voyage toast on the balcony.

Just a quick question. Last year on the Splendour, they did not sell Tequila in the liquor store on Board. We are going on the Rhapsody in 4 weeks, and would like to buy a bottle of tequila, top shelf resposado, if available. Does anyone know if tequila is sold?

Thanks,

Elaine

I will be on that boat in 46 hours 33 minutes and 2 seconds. I always bring my own liquor in my checked on luggage. If I can buy it on the boat....that would save me lots of trouble and room in my luggage. So.....from what I understand, you can either go to the liquor store and buy as much as you want????? or - get a 5th through room service????? I want to make sure before I leave. Would hate to get stuck on the first day without our bon voyage toast on the balcony.

You can buy as much liquor as you want in the store. Unfortunately stores are not open while the ship is in port - only once you're sailing. So, pack a little something for your bon voyage toast.

Archived