Ladies: how many shoes do you take?

Naveron

Starting to think about packing for the Legend on March 19. It's my first Seabourn cruise. Typically, how many pairs of shoes do you take? At first glance, I don't see how I can get away with any less than 4!!!

And what about bling-bling? I have often read that you shouldn't take your jewels with you when you travel. But I imagine for formal nights, people are going to wear jewellry.

Please, any help or tips will be greatly appreciated!!

I used to take lots of pairs of shoes as each outfit required a different pair, my dearest husband who has to haul the luggage around used to complain "a little"! I now have it down to a black pair, a silver pair and a gold pair for the evenings and a pair of Birkenstocks and trainers for the day, I usually travel in my trainers so that is 4 pairs to pack. I just cannot get it less than that!

As for the bling, I always take it as it is my main chance to wear it, there is a safe in the suite and I keep it very close to me while we are travelling so don't see it as a problem.

Have a great cruise.

Kathryn

I pack one evening black strappy satin med/heels, one pair black evening low heels (for unexpected rocky seas) one pair navy "daytime" low heels and one pair black low heels. In the warmer climates a pair of cute sandals always come in handy.

And I also take some jewels......pearls, etc. and I keep them in the closet safe.

MB

I don't like wishing I brought something along and didn't, so I tend to overpack. I plan on taking two pairs of dressy (black) shoes for formal nights, a couple pairs of flat sandals, one pair of beige dressy sandals with a slight heel, my tennies, a good pair of walking shoes (shore excursions), and probably another pair of plain black pumps for dinners that aren't "formal".

When it comes to jewelry, mine is all costume jewelry, from Macy's and Robinson's May :rolleyes: .... that's not my passion (I love clothes!), so that's where I stand in that department!

Jane :)

i take a suitcase JUST for shoes - but that has nothing to do with travelling on seaborne, that's me whenever i travel

Days: i work out a lot, so my running shoes and sandals; i am very casual days, no jewels, not even wedding band -- but i do take my favorite jewelry along - yes, a cruise is the best time to showcase them.

i am very, very casual days; nites i like to dress.

Archived