On-Board Deposit When Itineraries Have Not Been Released

nddomer04

Has anyone used the new program that allows you to put a deposit down for a future cruise in which the itineraries have not been released yet? I think the press release said that you get an on-board credit. Any experiences using this?

I believe that nddomer04 is referring to NextCruise Option where a $100 pp nonrefundable deposit is required to book a cruise while onboard and get your OBC. This new booking can be held for up to three years.

Unfortunately, this new system has not be implemented yet......it's suppose to go into effect sometime during the first quarter of this year. This is the information that the LA on a prior cruise told everyone at one of the parties held onboard.

If someone has the press release........possibly they can post it here.

After the initial post, I went through the Press Releases on RCI's website and came up with nothing about this ...

As I said, I love the concept, since I'm on the Monarch in March and want to book a Hawaiian Circle for next year. Because the HC itineraries don't come out until April or May, I'll book a phantom cruise and wait ... Seems like a waste of everyone's time, though ... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by CC member RDeagazio.....

Enhancements to Future Booking Onboard Program

For the cruise line’s loyal cruisers, Royal Caribbean has devised the NextCruise option to ease the planning of a guest’s next cruise. The new program allows vacationers enjoying a Royal Caribbean cruise to book their next cruise vacation without having to commit to a specific date or itinerary. By paying a nominal, non-refundable deposit, guests are eligible to receive an onboard credit to use on their next cruise. Royal Caribbean will notify the guest’s travel agent when a NextCruise booking has been made and once the guest has decided on a sail date and ship, they can work with their preferred travel partner to process the booking. Deposits have no expiration and travel agents will receive full commission and revenue credit for the reservation.

An additional enhancement to the future booking onboard program enables guests booking a future cruise while onboard a ship to retain their onboard credit for their next cruise vacation even if their travel agent applies their FIT reservation toward a group booking. Travel agents will be able to apply relevant group amenities to these guests.

:)

It sounds great, I don't think Next Cruise has been implemented yet. I think the "non-refundable" part is a little sticky. If they have it in place by May 07, we will definitely take advantage of it, though. :D

We were on the Freedom last week and were hoping to take advantage of the new program. Unfortunately, it wasn't up and running as of last week. What we did was book a 12 night cruise to get a booking number and secure the $200 on board credit. We booked just one individual in the room so the down payment was $450.

It will be nice (and less for a down payment) once they implement the new program. The loyalty ambassador was hoping it was implemented last week, but it hadn't come through yet.

I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!! Don't worry, I wasn't actually looking this whole time! :) Anyway, it was under a headline that you wouldn't suspect, but I knew it was released recently (December 5, 2006).

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ourCompany/pressCenter/pressReleases/info.do;jsessionid=00003E06sHurSsS09-2MnI-S7gz:10ktmf25f?prDate=12-06-2006&prCode=A

Thanks, Patti and Jackie! Especially thanks, Jackie, for the hint on booking a single to save $450 on the deposit! You are my hero!!! :D ~ LL

Hey Lorna..i agree about this hint of booking one person... I was aware of the new program and hope it is in place on board before I sail in April. Will be waiting for some feedback from you and Carol if it is in place when you are both on Monarch:)

Archived