Concierge Class

ricki

I'm certain that someone has answered this question already, but here goes:

Are there benefits to Concierge Class other than those listed on the website or in the cruise atlas? For example, are you more likely to easily get additional specialty restaurant reservations?

We are trying to decide if the additional expense is worth it. I understand that it is a personal decision, but if those who have sailed in this class before could relate why they feel the service is valuable, it would help.

You can always count on cc members to provide the answers!

Ricki

We have had extra reservations on the R-ships and we usually are in the lower Cat cabins

It is the luck of the draw... depending on how many seats are available & how many ask for that night

The Marina is a whole new ball game ;)

Lyn

We have had extra reservations on the R-ships and we usually are in the lower Cat cabins

It is the luck of the draw... depending on how many seats are available & how many ask for that night

The Marina is a whole new ball game ;)

Lyn

I think you may have meant to post this on another thread.

Ricki

I think you may have meant to post this on another thread.

Ricki

HMMMM I don't think so

You asked if there were any benefits to concierge class ...like getting extra reservations

You may or may not get extra seatings just like those in the lower cabin Cat

HMMMM I don't think so

You asked if there were any benefits to concierge class ...like getting extra reservations

You may or may not get extra seatings just like those in the lower cabin Cat

I'm sorry, I misread your post. My apologies--and thank you for your response.:o

Ricki

On R class ships the price delta has gone down since they made the last changes (free water and soda's for all).

There is some benefit of having the concierge as we found out in our last cruise. We used Diego to get our large group on the first tender out for a private tour.

Also the location of the rooms (if it matters) -- Balconies are Deck 6 and Concierge are on Deck 7.

We've sailed in verandah, concierge and penthouse suites on Oceania; considering that Marina has altered the equation a little re room size and the lounge, it might just depend on a mix of economics, how much time you may spend in the room and what services you want. Of course, Penthouse was great (on Regatta, so the added room was very nice); we found the best benefit was the option to eat in our suite from any of the specialty restaurants. the bathroom space was also useful and appreciated.

Re Concierge, we didn't notice that much difference between it and a similar Verandah suite on the smaller ships, although the Marina has the new lounge. All of our Oceania cruises have been very port intensive (not news to any other vets, that's why many say they choose the line), so as long as the room is quiet, serviced (which all have been) and functional, we are fine.

Long story short, the dramatic difference is between the concierge and penthouse. if you can stand the price point, do it, especially if it is an anniversary, special occasion or you want to live like royalty for a week or two. On Marina, the concierge class gets you on the ship a little more quickly, you have a lounge and some minor improvements to the accoutrement in the room. if that isn't important, go with the Verandah and save some $$ for port time. If it is, go with Concierge and enjoy the perks.

Have fun in any case. Regards, Bob H

The Concierge Lounge is mentioned in the materials you have for the Marina, but for a first-person account on the new ship, there is this: tak2, who reported from the Marina this past week, described the Concierge Lounge as having a 32" TV, a coffee machine, two wireless computers, comfortable sofa or sofas, fridge with soft drinks and yoghurt, and best of all, a "very capable concierge" who looks after all the concierge level guests.

Concierge Lounge as having a 32" TV, a coffee machine, two wireless computers, comfortable sofa or sofas, fridge with soft drinks and yoghurt,

Just to add, this description fits the Executive lounge as well. Very comfortable place to hang out. There were also cookies and light sandwiches (slider size) available.

I found having the two computers so close to the cabin a treat. Depending on the hour the internet connection was not bad. The concierge was available during the stated hours but seemed to have specified duties not connected to the lounge.

Thank you, Oceans & Rivers, I did see the posts by tak2, and thank you, too Raffeer. By the way, what is the Executive Lounge. Forgive the questions, we are new to Oceania.

We are still debating whether the Concierge Class offers enough to make the $ difference from a regular veranda worthwhile.

Ricki

The Concierge Lounge is mentioned in the materials you have for the Marina, but for a first-person account on the new ship, there is this: tak2, who reported from the Marina this past week, described the Concierge Lounge as having a 32" TV, a coffee machine, two wireless computers, comfortable sofa or sofas, fridge with soft drinks and yoghurt, and best of all, a "very capable concierge" who looks after all the concierge level guests.

I forgot to mention that Concierge lounge also has small sandwiches, cookies until a certain time of the day, plus pastry in the morning. In other words, it offers a light continental breakfast on decks 9 and 11( executive lounge) Magazine rack was empty during maiden voyage, waiting for arrival in Miami to stock up. It is a great gathering place since it is just down the hall from the staterooms ( for deck 9 and 11 passengers) Samantha , concierge, is Oxford educated, well traveled, has a magnetic personality. She has done a wonderful job for many passengers. When the snowstorm forced cancelation of flights for some passengers, she helped them secure alternate arrangements. I felt she almost functioned like a butler, but we had to share her with two three hundred concierge class passengers.

The concierge lounge is a new concept, so things may keep changing. For example, I was told the ship has 8 outlets for breakfast, and I will not be surprised if they simplify food items in the lounge. Count the outlets: GDR, Terrace cafe, Waves grill, Horizons, Executive lounge, Concierge Lounge, Room service, ( still can't think of the eighth)

The concierge lounge is a new concept, so things may keep changing. For example, I was told the ship has 8 outlets for breakfast, and I will not be surprised if they simplify food items in the lounge. Count the outlets: GDR, Terrace cafe, Waves grill, Horizons, Executive lounge, Concierge Lounge, Room service, ( still can't think of the eighth)

What time does waves open on Marina ?

on the R ships I am thinking it was 11:30 or noon

Maybe Barristas is #8

I think you need to specify if you will be on Concierge on Marina or on one of the other ships...that would make a difference.

Personally, on the other 3 ships, I don't think it's worth the money...I would do a B or a PH.

Marian

Thank you, Marian, for pointing that out. We will be on the Marina

Ricki

I think you need to specify if you will be on Concierge on Marina or on one of the other ships...that would make a difference.

Personally, on the other 3 ships, I don't think it's worth the money...I would do a B or a PH.

Marian

I agree. For the difference in price, we can buy our own champagne.

Marian

Just to clarify - the PH class is more costly than the Concierge.

• 2 weeks later...
I disagree. I think they concierge cabins are worth more on the R ships because they entitle you to two reservations per alternate restaurant instead of one on the Marina.

We, too, are new to Oceania (considering concierge/Regatta/Panama Canal). I am becoming confused about the alternate restaurants and the reservations required. There is probably fine print somewhere on the Oceania website (;)), but my impression was that these restaurants are open to all and at the service of one's dining whim. Hmmmmm....I am now wondering if things are a bit more complicated than that. Would one expect to enjoy the alternate restaurants, for example, four times only over a 16-day cruise?

Archived