Nile Cruisetour - Any optionos for group of 3 besides single supplement?

Sea-Gals

Mums has determined this is the year she wishes to go on a Nile/Egypt cruisetour. She will be 81 and wants to bring along her two daughters (51 and 47). So far I contacted Uniworld to see if there are any ships with cabins that can handle three people (assume some family groups of three must plan Nile trips) and they told me the only option with them was to split off one person into a single supplement cabin. My Mum and I wouldn't mind sharing a bed, and I'm sure my sister wouldn't mind a bunk or something, if it would bring us all together.

Has anyone found any solutions that worked for this or know of any providers that would accommodate a group of three close adults?

Send an email to my friend Hazem, owner of Nile Blue Tours. Ask him if he knows of a ship that has cabins for 3. If such a thing exists, he will know. info@nilebluetours.com. Tell him Rita told you to email.

Thanks, Rita. I eMailed Hazem, as you suggested, and he responded

About the triple room it is available on board most of the cruise ships , But the triple room based on 2 beds and and opened sofa , if that is fine with you ,

I wonder why the contact at Uniworld told me we would only be able to get a cabin for two with plus another cabin for the third party with a single supplement...

I checked their site to see what ships they use, and here is what they say

(from 1st Nile Cruisetour:) MS Giselle...for your Nile River cruise...also sail onboard the MS Prince Abbas...as you travel ...Abu Simbel (& 2nd Nile Cruisetour:)MS Miriam

Perhaps other CC folks have some prior experience with them that could shed some light. :)

You might want to check with Uniworld about the new ship that is coming out in Apr. of 2009. I don't know when you are planning to cruise but this ship, called the River Tosca, has suite type rooms with the smallest being 313 sq. ft. They also have 2 very large Presidential suites. I would think there was a way to have 3 people in the room and not pay the single supplement, which is usually outrageous!

Hope this helps.

micked10

Archived