Vancouver Waterfront Station location

thuyronald

Hi everyone,

We're planning to take the skytrain from Canada Place Cruise terminal to YVR airport after we depart Holland America Statendam on June 5th. I was trying to figure out where the Waterfront station entrance is located. The google map shows 2 stations, so I'm not sure which one is the easiest to get to from the cruise terminal.

Has anyone done this before and can advise?

Thanks in advance.

Twee

There's only 1 Waterfront Station on the Canada Line from YVR - http://tripplanning.translink.ca/hiwire?.a=iScheduleLookupSearch&LineName=999&LineAbbr=999 It's only a block from Canada Place where the ships dock, but when you add the distance inside Canada Place, you have to walk about 3 blocks. I use it when I'm cruising alone but when there are 2 of us I usually take a taxi - for twice the price of the Canada Line you save a couple of blocks walk, as the taxis get you way inside Canada Place. Note that there's a $5 surcharge when going YVR-Vancouver.

Thank you Yukon.

One last question, I've read that the ticket fare is $2.50 during the weekends, regardless of the number of zones. Does this applies to the waterfront to YVR airport route as well, or will I have to pay the added surcharge regardless of the day of travel.

Twee

One last question, I've read that the ticket fare is $2.50 during the weekends, regardless of the number of zones. Does this applies to the waterfront to YVR airport route as well, or will I have to pay the added surcharge regardless of the day of travel?

The $5 airport surcharge only applies going from the airport to the city, so you don't get hit with it anyway. And yes, it is only $2.50 pp on weekends.

HI All, Perhaps I should start another thread but just thought I would ask, how hard is it to get from Seattle airport to Vancouver? Is it easier to take a bus, a train or a taxi and how far is it? Anyone here know? We are debating flying into Seattle as Southwest and airtran both fly there but they don't fly to Vancouver. Would be better off to just find another airline that does??? Thanks,

There are hundreds of threads about that already, but there are as many opinions about it as there are cruisers. I prefer to add a short air connection with Horizon after 3 poor experiences with the bus. You could take a taxi for about $800, I suppose :D

Amtrak is certainly very popular with cruisers. I respect the fact that Yukon has had bad experiences with Quick Shuttle but it seems to work very well for 1,000's of other cruisers every year. A third alternative is to rent a car and drive. The distance between Seattle and Vancouver is about 120 miles and the drive time is about 3 hrs but there often are long lines at the border which can be up to 2 hrs and on holiday summer weekends...well 3 hrs.

And make sure to check the fares for each (train, car rental, flight, etc). For me, flying from LAX, I saved about $35 to fly to Seattle. Then add in the additional fare to get to Vancouver, it was cheaper for me to search for airfare straight to Vancouver. I found a flight on WestJet for $155 one way.

When I booked the cruise, airfare one way was running $138, so it went up a little. I was hoping to get a special of maybe $99, but alas, no such luck. But we have our airfare LAX direct to Vancouver, staying at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

HI All, Perhaps I should start another thread but just thought I would ask, how hard is it to get from Seattle airport to Vancouver? Is it easier to take a bus, a train or a taxi and how far is it? Anyone here know? We are debating flying into Seattle as Southwest and airtran both fly there but they don't fly to Vancouver. Would be better off to just find another airline that does??? Thanks,

We found it almost impossible to book a flight from Raleigh to Vancouver so we are doing the Seattle flight with SWA and then the next morning taking the Amtrak to Vancouver. We have done the train before and it is quite nice. We booked business class for the extra roomy seats and it ran $100 for two of us northbound.

We're planning to take the skytrain from Canada Place Cruise terminal to YVR airport after we depart Holland America Statendam on June 5th. I was trying to figure out where the Waterfront station entrance is located. The google map shows 2 stations, so I'm not sure which one is the easiest to get to from the cruise terminal.

There are actually four 'Skytrain' entrances, which is the confusion; as there are two sets of platforms serving the Waterfront Station complex; one set for the original Expo/Millenium Line (which you don't want), and a second platform for the Canada Line trains which go to the airport.

Step by step from Cruise terminal to Waterfront Station (Canada Line);

Exit Canada Place, and head one block SW on Howe Street, turn left , walk 2 blocks and enter Waterfront Station (large brick building on waterfront side of street)

To your left once you walk in there are both escalators and an elevator down to the platform level for Canada Line. I can't remember if there are ticket machines at the top of the escalators, but if not you'll see a bunch straight ahead when you 1st walked into the station

Get on a train for "YVR Airport" (Canada Line splits before it reaches the airport, don't get on a Richmind-Brighouse train)

Two lead to the platform of the Expo & Millenium lines (which you don't want)

Archived