Flight from Rome

DP

Our ship arrives at port 4 a.m. Will I be able to make a 11:20 a.m. flight using ships transfer?

Have you contacted the cruise line to see what time their transfers take place from the pier to the airport? That may give you an indication as to whether you should be booking with the ship or private transportation.

Also check on whether your ship has self assist debarkation or if you need to collect your bags in the main luggage area. Remeber that the ship must be cleared by the authorities before anyone can get off so take that into consideration as well in factoring your time to get to the airport.

Our ship arrives at port 4 a.m. Will I be able to make a 11:20 a.m. flight using ships transfer?

You should definitely make that flight. I would book a private transfer so you know your ride is there and waiting at the port... the airport is not that bad of a drive from the port. One thing to remember though... just because the ship says it arrives port at 4:00am does not mean you are allowed to disembark at this time. The ship will have to clear customs and I don't think they started letting passengers off until 7:00am. Still plenty of time to make your flight.

Archived