NCL Prices to drop?

SilentHill

Anything is possible.... There will no doubt be a rash of fear-inspired cancellations that could result in discounts...

I expect you could probably buy cheap on Costa! NOT

It may not affect cruisers that much. People tend to forget about such things.

Events like this do scare some people. Back in the '80's when there was a plane crash in Lockerbie, Scotland it prompted my friend's mother to cancel going on a trip to Singapore with him that he won on Wheel of Fortune. He asked me to go and I did.

I would love to think our upcoming cruise is going to cost less.

However, it seems clear to me from reporting an idiot captain changed course and rammed his cruise ship into a reef. I trust we can avoid that going from NYC to Florida and then Nassau on the Gem.

If anything, captains will be extra careful now.

I would, however, hate to be Carnaval and it's insurance company. Yikes!

I don't know if there will be enough cancellations for prices to drop. I would doubt it.

I don't know if cancellations will trigger a price drop as much as the lack of future bookings due to this incident. Remember that most people book cruises five to six months in advance and the biggest cruise season is the summer, meaning that this incident could not have happened at a worse time for the cruise industry as a whole. People who were thinking of booking a summer cruise will now be thinking twice and possibly changing their vacation plans.

I checked prices on the cruises we are most interested in taking next in the future 12-15 months and wrote them down. In 2-4 weeks, I'll check again and see if there has been movement. I'm thinking that in about a month, you might see something happening.

Whoever discounted the notion that the market could be hurt by this incident because people have short memories would do well to think about the Titanic. It's been 100 years and people still remember that accident, and now, this one is being compared to it. The market will be affected; we just don't know how much yet.

People have very short memories. People don't stop flying when there is an accident and flight prices don't go down.I think you will see the same thing here. It was a freak accident due to human error and right now, I'd be betting that all the lines will be super vigilant for a long time ensuring that security measures are adhered to and cruising is again thought of as one of the safest modes of transportation out there.

I am on the Epic in October and prices have gone up over $100 since we booked last month.

Well something is going on.... We booked this past weekend for early April and wanted 2 balcony rooms. There were NONE available so we had to settle for a mini-suite. I was not too happy with having 4 people in around 250 square feet. Well today we got a call that several balconies had opened up. Not sure if some people cancelled or upgraded but it our WIN.

For ex Jade:

I booked a cruise for 18. februar this year four days ago. Now the price is 90 euro more.

Have also been watching the costa-prices since the accident, and people has forgetten already. The price is the same, and there are less free cabins in july this year.

For ex Jade:

I booked a cruise for 18. februar this year four days ago. Now the price is 90 euro more.

Have also been watching the costa-prices since the accident, and people has forgetten already. The price is the same, and there are less free cabins in july this year.

I'd have to imagine the less free cabins may be to costa transferring bookings already made on the concordia to other ships. I can't imagine anyone is actually rushing out to book with costa.

If anything prices may go up, 3,000 passengers per week = 12,000 per month = 144,000 for the year looking for a new cruise vacation. Some will seek other travel but most will still sail, my opinion of course.

Just a minor correction - 3,000 passengers per week X 52 weeks = 156,000. ;)

Archived