Sunshine- Amazed at the opposing experiences

I read a review this morning from a woman that was on the Sunshine a month after I. I am not saying she didn't experience everything she said. The purpose of this thread is to express my view on why you can't just take one person's experiences as the gospel. I think an example of the things she experienced compared to what I experienced is a perfect example of why you shouldn't rule out a ship because one person had some negative things happen to them. In her review, she stated the windows on the balcony were never cleaned. On our cruise, our deck was cleaned once from top to bottom with water hoses and a cleaning solution. On another day, our room steward washed the windows. I witnessed both of these cleanings. Another area that bothered her was the lack of busing of tables in the buffet area. When she was on the ship, her family experienced dirty tables daily. When I was on the cruise, I never experienced this problem. There were always workers cleaning up immediately after the table was vacated. I have realized that everyone will have a different experience on a cruise ship, even on the same cruise. I guess the lesson learned is don't just read one review, whether it is positive or negative, and think you will have the very same experience. I love cruising and have been fortunate with my experiences.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think I can find negative reviews for every ship I've been on, yet I've never had a problem. In 30 cruises, I've really only had a negative experience 1 time, and that was due to the passengers, not the crew/staff/ship. I love cruising and just go and have fun. I enjoy reading reviews of cruises I've been on and see the different perceptions of other passengers. I hope you enjoy all your future cruises.:D

It sounds like your experience on the Sunshine was similar to ours. We have enjoyed all of our cruises and the Sunshine was the best one to date. The crew was always attentive and cleaning up around the buffet area constantly. Also, our balcony was also very clean. We made several comments about how clean the windows were because we've never been in a balcony cabin with windows that weren't caked in salt buildup.

We went into the cruise a little worried because of all the bad reviews we read about the ship, but we didn't experience a single thing that any of them complained about.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

People are different and see things differently.

Always thought the crew did a great job during our cruises but in the lido deck they do stand around and talk amongst themselves instead of cleaning quite a bit.

We dont get refills of drinks very often at all and generally have to get them ourselves.

I agree; opinions about any given cruise or ship can vary from minor to majorly different experiences. For example, I recently saw a thread where a poster complained about how old and run down the Conquest is, however we just got off the Conquest 3 weeks ago and we loved the ship and didn't think it looked run down at all. On the other hand many people seem to just love the Breeze but so far it has been our least favor ship.

It's all about preferences and perceptions which can vary greatly from one person to the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've said for years that some folks just enjoy being miserable. I read the negative comments from that person and thought that she was hunting for things that could make her unhappy. Perhaps she needs to restrict her cruises to Crystal or Seabourn or some other very high end line.

Sometimes timing makes a big difference. On our last cruise on the Magic we tended to rise early and that put us on a early time frame for everything. We never encountered any uncleared or dirty tables, and always seemed to be running counter to the crowd. Things seemed more laid back and quiet. The cruise before that we did a lot more late night activities and slept later and seem to be always running with the crowd, and did at times see staff working hard, but getting behind clearing tables and that cruise seemed more crowded and bustling. Two different experiences just from being on different time line each time, but loved them both.

I read a review this morning from a woman that was on the Sunshine a month after I. I am not saying she didn't experience everything she said. The purpose of this thread is to express my view on why you can't just take one person's experiences as the gospel. I think an example of the things she experienced compared to what I experienced is a perfect example of why you shouldn't rule out a ship because one person had some negative things happen to them. In her review, she stated the windows on the balcony were never cleaned. On our cruise, our deck was cleaned once from top to bottom with water hoses and a cleaning solution. On another day, our room steward washed the windows. I witnessed both of these cleanings. Another area that bothered her was the lack of busing of tables in the buffet area. When she was on the ship, her family experienced dirty tables daily. When I was on the cruise, I never experienced this problem. There were always workers cleaning up immediately after the table was vacated. I have realized that everyone will have a different experience on a cruise ship, even on the same cruise. I guess the lesson learned is don't just read one review, whether it is positive or negative, and think you will have the very same experience. I love cruising and have been fortunate with my experiences.

Though I agree with the sentiment of your post, the Sunshine is the first Carnival ship I've been on in 17 cruises with them where I experienced any issues that actually bothered me.

Thanks for sharing your experience everyone. We'll be onboard in under a month, and have been reading every about the onboard experiences and services daily. We also haven't had once bad experience with any of our cruises, and we are looking forward to the Sunshine next month. Thanks again.

Best part of our cruise is food and entertainment with comedy club our favorite entertainment.

Have been told by many that comedy club venue is way to small for people that want to come and as a result many shows will be missed.

Therefore will stick with other Carnival classes of ships.

Best part of our cruise is food and entertainment with comedy club our favorite entertainment.

Have been told by many that comedy club venue is way to small for people that want to come and as a result many shows will be missed.

Therefore will stick with other Carnival classes of ships.

Well..see...there ya have it...different strokes..blah blah....We've sailed Sunshine twice...NEVER had an issue getting into the comedy club for the shows we wanted to see...yes...there are tables that wrap behind the stage..The Breeze has em also btw.....I.got to a show later than I wanted and actually SAT at one of those tables...can you actually believe that?? No, not ideal..could see the comic when he wandered to the end of the stage nearest the table...but...I laughed just as loud as if I sat in front....but...for some...this "too small" venue thing is a HUGE deal...oh well...I just go...sit...drink laugh...hardly notice the size of the room...then I go again....but..thats just me/us.

I am not surprised to have two individuals have to opposite opinions in regards to the experience on a cruise ship or even a cruise line. We all have different expectations in regards to cruising. One person may not care if a wait line is long as long as they can get the dish or type of food they want. Another individual may feel that quick and great service is an absolute must on a cruise. A third individual will feel that Karoke is a must on a ship while a fourth individual wants to see a Broadway Type Show and couldn't care less about passenger participation entertainment.

You have to ask yourself what do you want from a cruise and then read the reviews. If you agree with the passengers complaints or complements, that will be a major determinent in your booking the cruise, if you disagree, read on.

Fortuantely there are enough cruise lines and ships that any individual can find a cruise that they will like.

Long live competition.

Well..see...there ya have it...different strokes..blah blah....We've sailed Sunshine twice...NEVER had an issue getting into the comedy club for the shows we wanted to see...yes...there are tables that wrap behind the stage..The Breeze has em also btw.....I.got to a show later than I wanted and actually SAT at one of those tables...can you actually believe that?? No, not ideal..could see the comic when he wandered to the end of the stage nearest the table...but...I laughed just as loud as if I sat in front....but...for some...this "too small" venue thing is a HUGE deal...oh well...I just go...sit...drink laugh...hardly notice the size of the room...then I go again....but..thats just me/us.

If it works for you fine. When good cruising buddies tell me they missed quite a few shows they wanted to see as the venue was full than that tells me something.

Since I have not had that problem in any of the Conquest or Dream class ships we have sailed on that tells me something.

If it works for you fine. When good cruising buddies tell me they missed quite a few shows they wanted to see as the venue was full than that tells me something.

Since I have not had that problem in any of the Conquest or Dream class ships we have sailed on that tells me something.

Well see..there ya have it..again..which I believe is sort of what the OP was getting at...different strokes/experiences...but I base my experiences on what I've done...not what I read here....See cause where your "cruising buddy" says they missed "quite a few shows" on Sunshine I missed none....but...you missed none on Dream class...I did miss a couple, the couple of times we've sailed the Breeze...which I do believe is a Dream class ship..and the reason I missed them...you guessed it..the bigger room...was full....and....on that Dream class ship...saw the most disorganized turnover between comedy shows I've seen on any ship, damn near had fights break out heading into the BIGGER comedy club on the Breeze..hopefully that has improved....but I digress...cause that experience on Breeze coupled with other ships comedy club experiences learned me what I needed to do to catch the shows I wanted to see...so its all good...and I have less to complain about!!

BTW...watch out for the Butterfly Lounge next year on the Pride...I've missed comedy shows there as well...cause it filled up..quickly...and I think is a room bigger than the Limelight Lounge on Sunshine.

Thanks for sharing your experience everyone. We'll be onboard in under a month, and have been reading every about the onboard experiences and services daily. We also haven't had once bad experience with any of our cruises, and we are looking forward to the Sunshine next month. Thanks again.

I really enjoyed the Sunshine. Of course, I've enjoyed every ship I have been on. I hope you have a wonderful time.

I have a review written about my experiences on the Sunshine. It is linked with my signature.

I do agree that different people on the same cruise can have different opinions. Also, things can change from one hour to the next on a cruise ship.

When I was on sunshine in January, I saw two buckets and actually walked under a leaking ceiling (before a bucket got under it I guess) when on our cabin crawl. We hit four different cabin decks, so we got a good walk around the ship. I read two different reviews of the exact same cruise where no one saw a bucket. Maybe they were put there afterwards, maybe those people never went on the deck I saw them. So, both views can be totally correct.....I thought sunshine had leaking issues, they did not....even same cruise!

Well see..there ya have it..again..which I believe is sort of what the OP was getting at...different strokes/experiences...but I base my experiences on what I've done...not what I read here....See cause where your "cruising buddy" says they missed "quite a few shows" on Sunshine I missed none....but...you missed none on Dream class...I did miss a couple, the couple of times we've sailed the Breeze...which I do believe is a Dream class ship..and the reason I missed them...you guessed it..the bigger room...was full....and....on that Dream class ship...saw the most disorganized turnover between comedy shows I've seen on any ship, damn near had fights break out heading into the BIGGER comedy club on the Breeze..hopefully that has improved....but I digress...cause that experience on Breeze coupled with other ships comedy club experiences learned me what I needed to do to catch the shows I wanted to see...so its all good...and I have less to complain about!!

BTW...watch out for the Butterfly Lounge next year on the Pride...I've missed comedy shows there as well...cause it filled up..quickly...and I think is a room bigger than the Limelight Lounge on Sunshine.

We are all different and like what we like.

Pride is two week repositioning cruise and figure it will be an older crowd not wanting to be up late for comedy shows but thanks for the tip.

We have done the Miracle before and had to get there early for the shows.

Given that Pride will have playlist figure we will be spending most nights in comedy club.

We are all different and like what we like.

Pride is two week repositioning cruise and figure it will be an older crowd not wanting to be up late for comedy shows but thanks for the tip.

We have done the Miracle before and had to get there early for the shows.

Given that Pride will have playlist figure we will be spending most nights in comedy club.

Well, no sense beating this to death. I just think the Limelight lounge on the Sunshine gets sort of a bum rap. No...not the biggest...kinda goofy layout with seats behind stage, but is what it is...you CAN enjoy the comedy shows there....all these ship based comedy clubs can be viewed as too small..get crowded and filled. Ever been on RCL Oasis or Allure? You'd almost be shocked at how small those comedy clubs are.

Anywhos', we'll compare notes next year on the Butterfly lounge on the Pride from the repo cruise, assuming they leave the name the same after the Pride drydock...we've been booked on that repo cruise since January...only 235 days to go!!