Excursion Booking Oddness...

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:44 AM.
Atlanta
792 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
We currently have two cruises booked, a December 2017 8 Day Eastern Caribbean , and an April 2018 Mexican Riviera.
When I go to look at the excursions available for our December cruise, there is a note stating that excursions won't be available until 120 days before the sail date.

Yesterday, I received an email from Princess informing me that they are now taking excursion reservations for my Mexican cruise in 2018, 351 days away.
Not a major issue, just seems odd to me. I'm sure they have their reasons.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Seven Seas Navigator 2001
Serenade of the Seas 2004
Carnival Glory 2005
Grand Princess 2012
Royal Princess 2013
Caribbean Princess 2014
Celebrity Millennium 2015
Regal Princess 2016
Coral Princess 2016

Texas
1,750 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Originally posted by JoAnneNYI
I think it is because you have to prepay now
It has nothing to do with prepayment. I could book excursions on my August British Isles cruise a year in advance, and this cruise does not require prepayment.

They post the excursions when they have agreements in place with their suppliers. Sometimes that is very early - sometimes not.
South Carolina
28,289 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
Originally posted by NavyVeteran
It has nothing to do with prepayment. I could book excursions on my August British Isles cruise a year in advance, and this cruise does not require prepayment.

They post the excursions when they have agreements in place with their suppliers. Sometimes that is very early - sometimes not.
Per above ....
Once the agreements are set with the local excursion providers, Princess will normally post the excursions ... often will be sooner than 120 days ... but sometimes not.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing! OCruisers (LuLu & Roundman)
80+ Cruises .... Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, NCL, Costa, etc. (Still miss Sitmar)
Aliso Viejo, CA
41,795 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
My 5-day cruise to Cabo next February's excursions are available for booking but my Hawaiian cruise in November's is not. Has nothing to do with pre-paying and everything to do with signed contracts and availability.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-- Pam Email (to be my friend on Facebook, email me. ) PLEASE identify yourself with your Cruise Critic name.

Boston. Strong.

* Me ziplining across Victoria Falls: https://plus.google.com/photos/10147...83463276981969
* Safari photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/1014740...eat=directlink

Upcoming:
Island Princess -- 19-day Partial Panama Canal 11/16/16
Ruby Princess -- 6-day Wine Country Coastal 4/29/17
Emerald Princess -- 12-day round-trip LA <> Alaska 4/27/18
South Carolina
28,289 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
Originally posted by NavyVeteran
Also, sometimes they will post excursions for some ports earlier but for other ports much later.
Absolutely, we've had that happen to us several times.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing! OCruisers (LuLu & Roundman)
80+ Cruises .... Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, NCL, Costa, etc. (Still miss Sitmar)
Kawerau NZ
4,796 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
Sometimes you find that repeat cruises are there quite early as they re-sign the providers as soon as they prove reliable. When they are going to new ports or need new providers they may well be much later. There is no rhyme nor reason to the appearance of Shorex. It all depends on agreement between Princess and the providers.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike
Pom by Birth; Coin-Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice; Canuck by Family Ties.

Contact at "casofilia @ xtra . co . nz" (Miss out the gaps)

Previous Cruises:-
#1 Sep 13 Alaska Sapphire Princess
#2 Mar 14 Hawai'i PoA
#3,4,5 Oct 14 Vancouver-Panama-Miami-Bahamas Pearl
#6,7 May 15 Norway & Baltic Star
#8,9 Sep 15 Quebec-Boston-Quebec Dawn
#10,11 Mar 16 Buenos Aires-San Francisco Sun
#12,13 Oct 16 Rome-Singapore Star

#14 Jun 17 Round Britain Caribbean Princess

Jul 17 Dover-New York Sea Princess (Via North Norway & Iceland)

Oct 17 Honolulu-Sydney Jewel
Feb 18 Sydney- Tokyo Jewel

Sep 18 Round Australia Sea Princess