Price jumps? Seaside April 2018, WOW!

peteukmcr

Recently checked out Seaside prices for Fantastica balcony, departing April 2018. Was less expensive than competition (RCI Oasis £1850, Carnival Magic £1624, Celebrity Silhouette £1998) for 7 night sailings.

I'm convinced I saw prices around the £1400 mark, but now £2620! Yikes!

Looks like we're heading back to RCI and Oasis (still not convinced of Carnival).

Recently checked out Seaside prices for Fantastica balcony, departing April 2018. Was less expensive than competition (RCI Oasis £1850, Carnival Magic £1624, Celebrity Silhouette £1998) for 7 night sailings.

I'm convinced I saw prices around the £1400 mark, but now £2620! Yikes!

Looks like we're heading back to RCI and Oasis (still not convinced of Carnival).

This is nothing new

look what they did to Meraviglia which I'm booked on

from an earlier thread of mine

Last year on 9th July I booked a 7 night sailing on Meraviglia for Sept 24th 2017 in a YC1.

I must admit I did get my 20% Black card discount. The total cost , cruise only, was £2686.40 in a specified cabin (well it was as soon as the deck plans were released:- cabin mumber 18009).

if I only had a 5% discount, to do a direct comparison with todays 5%, the price would have been £3190.10

I did a dummy booking about 30 minutes ago ,and got my paltry 5% discount and the price today £6648.10.

That's a 247% increase in price

(or 208% if both discounts were 5%)

My invoice

meraviglia%206.jpg

todays online price

meraviglia%205.jpg

Pete

• 10 months later...
I noticed that too , but then i noticed i was on " brochure price " make sure you select one of the " deals " pricing its much better

Yeah, I guess this is stating the obvious, but their website is very confusing.

And the new "2 for 1 plus" promotion they have on Seaside isn't really "2 for 1", it's the same prices they've had for months (and not half of the regular price).

This post got me curious. Here is the advertised sale in the US- the $449 rate is for an inside. Quick search looks like balconies are going for $799. Rates into January- April.

So your post got me curious. So I checked pricing for my 1/28/18 cruise and the Fantastica balcony is the same $999 ($939 for Bella) it was when I booked several months ago. I checked another couple of cruises around that time and the pricing was the same. This is an old thread, so it's possible that the prices have gone up from what they were a year+ ago, but based on my experience, they haven't changed in the last 6-9 months (when I started looking).