***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Lose Before You Cruise
A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:32 PM.
Illinois
2,487 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Yes we did go on the bus trip, and it was through the local community college. They took us to Gurnee, IL, where this Mother Rudd's house was at. The description of the trip in the brochure said it was a stop on the underground railroad for slaves escaping to the north. But the curator's at the house told us that they could not prove that to be true, although the house was built in the 1800's and it was located close to the Des Plaines River, it could be true, but there was no documentation of that. We left for Gurnee around 9am and got back to the college about 2 pm.

That was good you lost at WW, I'm like you I would like to keep losing a little each week and not gain any back. I am really trying to eat right until Friday when I have to weigh in again. I ate way too much and the wrong things last Friday through Monday.

Yes, I am not responsible for anything, they are doing it all, and reporting to me and all the other beneficiaries, about what is going on.

I did talk with a lawyer this morning and got things going with my financial and health care power of attorney's. Also my will and trust. I want to put my house in the trust so that it doesn't have to go through probate. The lawyer recommended putting my checking accounts and saving accounts in the trust also, but not sure I want to do that, haven't decided yet. I just put beneficiaries on all of them.

It was about 5pm when the rain started really bad on the way home. Seemed the further north I drove the worse it was. Got a good look at my car today and luckily there is no hail damage to it.
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,586 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, good that you had a good bus trip. Today rain and overcast. I guess we could get the same tomorrow.

Well we can only hope for the best from WW. This down 1 week and up the next is how I want to go.

We will go to our usual place where they offer the discount of your age on your birthday.

It is good that you are getting all of your things in order. You have plenty of time to decide on how you will proceed.

I had 1 of my employees say to me the other day, that they were surprised that Bill did not come and pick up my car due to the hail we got. But like you I also looked and did not see any damage. It was not as bad as some places I saw.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Adventure Of The Sea-1-28-2007-SJU-Caribbean 7 Days
Constellation-1-28-2008-FLL-Caribbean 11 Days
Journey-1/31-2009-MIA-Caribbean 12 Days
Solstice-4/20/2015-Hawaii-YVR 11 Days

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Illinois
2,487 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Are you going to the discounted birthday place for Easter or is it your or Bill's birthday? I didn't make a note of your birthdays so not sure.

I had a friend ask if I wanted to go out to eat with them but don't want to intrude on their family tradition. Asked the other gal I do something with but she didn't want to do anything so guess I'll just go to church and come back home.

Glad your car didn't get damaged either from the hail.

I've got WW tomorrow morning, with in 8 to 8:30 and then the meeting but I won't be able to stay, the lawn mower repair guy is coming to pick up my mowers at 9. I forgot all about WW or I would have told him 10 instead. Also have the water guy coming to change the 6 month filters in my reverse osmosis system.

Last night we had chicken and beef fajitas to make up for last week when the owners weren't there for their birthday. Really didn't need to because last week we got free pizza from their brother who was working in their place.

Strange weather, nice a day or two and then back to clouds, rain and cold.
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,586 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, I suppose I could use my birthday discount on Sunday. But due to Easter they would not accept it. My actual birthday is on Friday, 1 week from tomorrow. Do you think the jerk would give us tomorrow off, no way.

So Bill's was last month and we will most likely go there on Friday for the discount. They give you 4 days either side of your birthday. Then the club will give me 50% off.

So today was Bill's last day as he will be off tomorrow and all next week. Most places will have tomorrow off as well, but certainly not us.

Good luck at WW tomorrow. You know summer is coming when you will have your mower serviced. With all of this rain the grass will be growing fast. We had rain this morning and I guess we could get some more tonight and into tomorrow. Once the sun goes down it does get really cold at night.

They sure do take good car of you with feeding you all for various reasons. What a great place to be going on Wednesday night.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

Illinois
2,487 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
I lost .2 at WW, not much but at least not a gain. I couldn't stay for the meeting since the mower guy was coming. He said he had 5 ahead of me but when he saw how long my grass was he said he thought he would try and get mine done first so I could start cutting.

Then the water guy came around 10;30 and changed the filters, he said, as usual, drain the tank in 3 hours and then it will be good to drink. So I waited even a little longer and when I went to drain it there was hardly any water in it. I called the company and they can't get someone out her until Tuesday unless they have a cancellation, which is doubtful. They said something must have gotten plugged in the drain. That is the water I like to drink so not happy about that.

Finally cooked my corned beef, threw in some carrots and potatoes too. It has been smelling really good.

Sorry you have to work, but nice Bill has off. Hopefully it doesn't rain on Sunday. The saying is if it rains on Easter Sunday it will rain for 7 Sundays after that.

My pet sitter friend down the road asked it I wanted to come over for a glass of wine when they get back from their daughters house on Sunday so I guess I will do that. Another friend asked if I wanted to go with her family out to eat, but I declined that, don't want to horn in on a family get together.
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,586 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, good for you as something is better than a gain or just staying the same.

I am lucky I get any time off for the major holidays with that jerk. But at least I got out before it started pouring last night. But it did not last too long. But got more later in the evening. I cannot believe how warm it is today in the 80's. But extremely windy. Originally I saw it was supposed to rain tomorrow. But now it is off the forecast. I have never heard that saying before. Very funny.

It is good that you will be able to go over to your pet sitter tomorrow for a drink and nice conversation.

I love that smell in the house when you are cooking corn beef. Plus I like the tastiness as well.

Just sort of a lazy day for me today. This is highly unusual for me. Happy Easter to you tomorrow and enjoy this beautiful weather.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,487 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
I was surprised this morning when the mower man called and said he had the mowers ready. He said my grass was longer than anyone elses so he worked on my mowers first. I stopped at a friends house for about an hour then got some gas for the mower and came home and cut grass for several hours. My pet sitter friend had left a message asking if I could go put her chickens away for the night around dusk so the coyotes don't get them. They go into the coop by themselves when it starts to get dark. All I had to do was shut the gate.

It was a beautiful day but like you said so windy.

I'm not going to the sunrise service at church tomorrow, just too early. Only thing is the next service isn't until 10:30. Guess it doesn't matter though, don't have anything planned for tomorrow afernoon.

It is thundering and lightening here now, lost the tv signal a couple of times.

Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,586 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, so if it rained early this morning does that mean that your saying will kick in?

That was good that your mower guy took good care of you so you can get a heads up on cutting your grass. Hopefully your mowers will last the entire season.

So in a little while we will go out for our Easter dinner. Then later on you will go to your pet sitter house for an afternoon break.

So happy Easter and enjoy the day.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,487 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
I went to church and then came home kind of feeling sorry for myself that I didn't have any family to get together with. Started reading things on facebook and a message popped up from the Wed night place. One of the gals said, Tom the owner wondered if I wasn't doing anything if I wanted to come up and have dinner, they had ham and the fixings. So I went up and had something to eat and a little conversation and felt better about the day. Good thing I had that too, because my pet sitter got home later than expected and had a migraine so texted me to get a rain check.

I also picked up 5 bags of brown mulch that I had preordered a week ago at Home Depot. Still have to unload it from my trunk.

I'm not sure if we will have the 7 weeks of rain on Sundays or not since it stopped raining pretty early this morning. Boy after I posted to you the lightening must have hit something very close, the whole house seemed to shake. Lost the tv signal a couple of times too. Had creeks running along side the back yard with all the rain. I talked to my sister this afternoon, she said they hadn't had any rain for several months and were having a lot of field fires.

So my Easter turned out okay, just times like this miss Bill even more.
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,586 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, that was good that the Wednesday night place invited you there to spend the afternoon. We had a good dinner and we will be going back on Saturday so I can get the birthday discount.

We did get rain after midnight, so I do not know if that will count or not. I guess we will just have to wait and see. All in all it was a good day yesterday. Now sunshine and temps in the 60's today.

As I am back to the bump and grind for the rest of the week. Around here most kids are on spring break this week. Weather should be fairly mild this week.

Enjoy,

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,487 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Spring break is over here now. They missed a very nice day to be outside today. I went to zumba and then worked outside for a couple of hours. I have a circle driveway and part of the inside circle is flowers, the rest is grass. I am cutting down old flower stems and digging out weeds. It's not too hard to dig now with so much rain the soil is soft. I want to put down some more mulch when I get it done. But its going to take a while, I get tired.

The library uptown had a gal come from a nursery and give a presentation on flowers, shrubs and veggies. It was pretty interesting. Luckily I recorded DWTS because I didnt get home till 7:30.

How was your Easter dinner, did you see any of your kids?

Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,586 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, all of the kids are out of town at their camp sites. Going much later got us right in without waiting. We will go back on Saturday for my birthday discount.

The temps today into the 70's, but it does get real cold at night. I guess rain tomorrow. So now that you have started and with this kind of weather. You will be cutting grass all of the time. A little or a lot each day.

The main school district around here is on break this week. There are others that already had their break. But most are on break this week.

I figured you would be watching DWTS. Did you see the Bee Gees special over the weekend?

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,487 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
No I didn't see the Bee Gee's but I saw some highlights of it. I don't know what I was watching instead.

Had the water guy come back today to work on my RO system, since the guy last week seemed to screw it up. He worked on it for almost 2 1/2 hrs, changing filters and hoses and waiting in between to see if it was working or not.

After he finally left I went outside and cut down all the old asparagus stalks from last year so that the new can start to come in. Was thinking there was something else going on tonight and then remembered they were starting a bible study at church on Tuesday nights. So I put my stuff away, changed clothes and drove up there. Made it in time and had an interesting evening. Got home about 9pm and had to drag my garbage down the driveway to the road in the dark. Don't really like to do that but had to tonight.

It was another beautiful day but that wind just doesn't want to quit.
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,586 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, I hope the guy did not charge extra, as they should have done the job right the first time around.

Just now we are getting heavy rain and thunder and lightening. Temps in the 50's now.

Bill has been getting home around 11. Then he stays up for awhile watching TV and then falls asleep on the couch. I should not get so mad at him when he does that, as he works so hard and cannot just go right to bed as he is wound up. He is a good man all around.

I remember 1 time when the wind was blowing so hard the cans went into the ditch and they never got picked up. I know what you mean about taking them out in the dark, but what else can you do. The wind was blowing hard yesterday.

With this weather I am sure your grass is really growing and you will be out there cutting it once it all dry's out.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,487 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
No there was no charge for fixing it, I think the first guy did something wrong to cause it because I never had a problem before.

I was going to cut a little more grass today or dig some weeds but when I got home it had rained and everything was too wet.

Yes, I suppose Bill likes to unwind a bit and before he even knows it he's asleep. Sometimes when I go to bed early and watch tv, I fall asleep and was not even aware of it until I wake up and another different show is on. Scary, that's probably what happens to people when the are driving and fall asleep. They don't even know it is happening.

Stopped at the grocery store for a few things, they have a "hot" bar along with their salad bar. I got a stuffed green pepper, I am going to have that for dinner tonight. Trying to be really good about eating these last couple of days before weigh in.

Will see the girls tonight, hope they don't have food there!
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,586 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, you know that is not going to happen. They seem to always have something for you all. He wants to lure everyone in with food as he really makes the money on the drinks.

I know around here this afternoon it was just pouring and much rain, thunder and lightening. With this kind of weather your grass will be going crazy.

I certainly should hope so that they did not charge you extra. They did not do it right the first time and then you had to wait until yesterday. But as least it is all fixed now and you can enjoy the good water.

You are right and I do get mad at him sometimes. He does work hard and he has been putting in some late hours this past week. Lucky he is off from his crossing job. He cannot just come home all wound up and go right to bed. I also worry that he gets home safely. There are a lot of bad and crazy drivers out there and especially late at night.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,487 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
They didn't have any food ready last night, which was good, but then they started talking about a new pizza place that was opening and everyone got hungry for pizza. So one of the brothers went and picked up 3 pizza's from Little Caesars. Of course it smelled so good and looked so good we all had some. We did do quite a bit of dancing so hopefully that will help me not to have gained a ton of weight tomorrow. None of us are big drinkers, most of us only have one drink and then water, one of the gals drinks beer.

I know there are a lot of things that go on at night that don't during the day, I usually stay inside except when there is something I have to or want to go to. I didn't get home last night until almost eleven o'clock.

I think there might be a birthday party at the Friday night dance place, his birthday was last Friday and they didn't want to do anything because of Good Friday. Haven't heard for sure, and if not I would go to the horse fair up in Madison. But if I go there, I would be too tired from all the walking to go tomorrow night. Hope they let me know for sure early.

It was just plain cold again today, I stayed inside most of the day,
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,586 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, good luck at WW today. I hope you will continue to loose the weight you want.

It does get cold at night. With the wind today it also feels very cold all day today. These up and down temps are really crazy for the type of weather we are having.

That is good that the owners went out and bought everyone pizza. They sure do take good care of you all. Plus you all enjoy each other's company.

Sharon, I remember you going to that fair each and every year. But you are right about getting tired from all of the walking. I hope all can work out for you over the weekend.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,487 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Well I tried to post last night when I got home about 11:30 and had no internet connection.

I did go to the Horse Fair, took about an hour and a half to get there. But when I pulled into the place you get tickets and parking, it took over 45 minutes to get through. I don't know what was holding everything up, we were all just sitting there not moving an inch for a very long time. They had saw horses at every parking aisle, so you had to just stay in line to be directed to heaven knows where to park. But a guy was leaving out one of the aisles and he moved the saw horse so he could get out. The guy ahead of me went down that aisle and so did I. I went up and down till I found a parking spot only 4 aisles from one of the main buildings. Lucked out on that! I was there until about 4pm then came home and laid down for a couple of hours. I talked to one of the dancing friends who's "significant other" had had prostate surgery a little over a week ago. She said they were going to the dance place but just to talk not dance. So I went also and got home around 11:30, when I pulled in there was a deer eating the bird seed in the middle of the circle driveway, I knew they were doing that but hadn't seen them.

I'm going to start cutting grass again today, see if I can get it all done in one day or not.

So today is your day! Enjoy and Happy Birthday!!
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,586 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, yes you are right that we are going out tonight to our place that gives you the % of your actual age off of the bill. But my actual birthday was yesterday, and we went to the club and I got 50% off of the bill.

So today just kind of a lazy day, as I woke up late and I am just taking things slow and resting. The temps are in the 50's now. But it does get cold at night.

I guess those deer are just not going away. Whatever you are putting down it is not working. Try human hair like I suggested a few weeks ago. I hope you can get all of the grass cut today so you can enjoy tomorrow.

When you go to popular events there are crowds. It is lucky that someone moved the horse to allow you and another guy to enter and park. I know last week we were having problems with our Internet, where it would go down around midnight. Finally Bill called them and they had him reset everything and now all is working just fine.

Thank you for the good wishes.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy