Dressy cruises?

Holland America definitely was dressier every night. On royal and carnival I can wear nice jeans and a dressier top and blend right in. On Holland America almost everyone was dressed up every night and I saw lots of tuxes and full suits on formal night.

• 2 weeks later...

Holland America definitely was dressier every night. On royal and carnival I can wear nice jeans and a dressier top and blend right in. On Holland America almost everyone was dressed up every night and I saw lots of tuxes and full suits on formal night.

Which ship were you on and was it in the Caribbean?

• 2 weeks later...

I can tell you two that I know of that absolutely have the least amount of people overdressing for formal or any nights....Carnival and NCL...and most people that travel these lines...including moi...are fine with that.

Princess cruises...at least back in the early 90s when I last traveled on that line...was a line where almost everyone dressed to the "9s" on most nights and not just on "formal" nights. I loved that last Princess cruise and loved dressing up every night for dinner. Now though I've been quite happy with only dressing up when I want to and not being expected to "have to." My priorities have changed. Having said that...I'd gladly sail on another "fancy dress" cruise lines as a novelty at any given time because I'll cruise any line any time given the right price and itinerary!

Edited by mousey

I just wanted to comment that on our recent Princess cruises people did dress, but it was mostly suits for the men and cocktail dresses for the women. I also saw many, many men in only a shirt and tie. Things sure have gotten more casual over the years, I guess.

Agree, Princess is way less dressy than it once was. The same is true for both Celebrity and HAL! ;)

LuLu