Copenhagen Airport to Port

estebofarr

There is public transport that is not too hard to work out but does take longer, we just took a taxi. I don't think it was that expensive, it was very quick too. From leaving ship to being checked in and through security took 40 min. The quickest of any airport I have been too. Just to let you know they are strict with 3 hr check-in, in that you can't check in any earlier than that and there are hardly any chairs once through security, I ended up just sitting on the floor.

You have 2 options with several variations, both are costing 24 kroner.

1) Metro to Nørreport and catch bus 25 from there, or change to any northbound train and take bus 27 from Østerport.

2) Take the Øresund train (direction Nivå or Helsingør) to Nørreport and take bus 25 or continue to Østerport and take bus 27 from there instead.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048740&page=11

We took public transportation between the airport and Oceankaj. It could not have been simpler to do and, as Danish Viking said, only cost 24 DKK per person. As long as you can handle your luggage, you can use public transportation.

FWIW, the taxi fare from the Copenhagen Airport to Oceankaj is in the range of 325 - 350 DKK.

If you arrive on the same day that your cruise departs (as we will), you could also book the cruiseline-sponsored shuttle. If it's just two of you, the cruiseline's shuttle may be less than a taxi (RCCL's fee is $27 pp, one-way). At least that way, you'll avoid the public-transit train-walk-bus-walk (with luggage ) protocol.

You have 2 options with several variations, both are costing 24 kroner.

1) Metro to Nørreport and catch bus 25 from there, or change to any northbound train and take bus 27 from Østerport.

2) Take the Øresund train (direction Nivå or Helsingør) to Nørreport and take bus 25 or continue to Østerport and take bus 27 from there instead.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048740&page=11

We did this. Very efficient and easy. Would do again.

If you arrive on the same day that your cruise departs (as we will), you could also book the cruiseline-sponsored shuttle. If it's just two of you, the cruiseline's shuttle may be less than a taxi (RCCL's fee is $27 pp, one-way). At least that way, you'll avoid the public-transit train-walk-bus-walk (with luggage ) protocol.

We stayed at a hotel near the airport that had a free airport shuttle. We took the shuttle to the airport, and we then took the Princess transfer to the port. Very quick and easy because Princess took the luggage from the bus to check-in for us. A cab may have been cheaper, but we preferred to let Princess handle things for us.

We are using Princess EZ air to Copenhagen and have Princess shuttle from the airport to the pier to board the ship Sept. 2017: flight arrives at 10:20 am day of cruise sailing: if we cannot board that early what do we do until boarding time?

Edited by toothmaker
adjust question

We are using Princess EZ air to Copenhagen and have Princess shuttle from the airport to the pier to board the ship Sept. 2017: flight arrives at 10:20 am day of cruise sailing: if we cannot board that early what do we do until boarding time?

Probably nothing. Your ship most likely will be at Oceankaj and there is nothing around there to see or do.

However by the time you get your bags and go through Immigration and then ride to Oceankaj, they will probably be boarding passengers. (But you might not be able to get in your cabin yet.)

How about Uber? Not sure, does Uber operate in CP?

From a post in "Wonderful Copenhagen" -- yes, they do, but costs about the same as a taxi.

Re: Cruiseline-Transfers from the Airport... From what I was able to glean online, it's likely they run only from Noon - 2PM... call the cruiseline to be sure. Thus, if you arrive significantly before then, you'll likely be cooling your heals at CPH, not the port.

We will be at the Hilton at the airport the night before the cruise. There will be 3 of us with our 3 pieces of check luggage and 3 carryons. Does anyone know how much it is to take a taxi to the pier for the Regal?

Not into schlepping bags on public transportation. Maybe there are shuttle companies to use instead. We would be doing a round trip fare if that helps.

Thanks for the info.

The Regal docks at Oceankaj. The fare from the Hilton airport hotel to Oceankaj will be in the vicinity of 350 - 380 DKK.

If you want to take a shuttle to your hotel, it will have to be one offered by the cruise line, meaning you'd have to get back to the airport. (There's not anything like Super Shuttle.)

Is there public transportation from the airport to the ships port, Or do I need a taxi.?

I'm interested in the opposite...

We need to get from the cruise terminal in Copenhagen to the airport to pick up our rental car.

Easiest way?

I'm fine with taking public transportation but husband is leery (he doesn't think we'll be able to find our way around).

Thoughts??

I'm interested in the opposite...

We need to get from the cruise terminal in Copenhagen to the airport to pick up our rental car.

Easiest way?

I'm fine with taking public transportation but husband is leery (he doesn't think we'll be able to find our way around).

Thoughts??

Yes, it's easy to use public transportation to get from Oceankaj to the airport. We did it last July and there is nothing to be leery about--you won't get lost.

As Danish Viking has spelled out in Post #4, there are basically two ways to make this trip and you would just do it backwards from the airport-to-Oceankaj routing he gives. (Also, if you click on the link he provides there, you can see the pictures he took so you know what signs to look for along the way.)

When we did it, we walked off our ship and over to the main street where the city buses stop. We got on the special cruise-day 25 bus and paid the driver for a Zone 2 ticket (24 DKK). We got off the bus at Norreport Station and took the elevator down to the Metro platform. We got on the M2 Metro to the airport and that was it. Everything was well signposted and folks are happy to help out if you have any questions.

You can also look at the routings by using the Trip Planner on http://www.rejseplanen.dk

Edited by GradUT

Yes, it's easy to use public transportation to get from Oceankaj to the airport. We did it last July and there is nothing to be leery about--you won't get lost.

As Danish Viking has spelled out in Post #4, there are basically two ways to make this trip and you would just do it backwards from the airport-to-Oceankaj routing he gives. (Also, if you click on the link he provides there, you can see the pictures he took so you know what signs to look for along the way.)

When we did it, we walked off our ship and over to the main street where the city buses stop. We got on the special cruise-day 25 bus and paid the driver for a Zone 2 ticket (24 DKK). We got off the bus at Norreport Station and took the elevator down to the Metro platform. We got on the M2 Metro to the airport and that was it. Everything was well signposted and folks are happy to help out if you have any questions.

You can also look at the routings by using the Trip Planner on http://www.rejseplanen.dk

Thank you!

We start and end our cruise on Regal Princess in July at Copenhagen. I understand that there are several port areas in Copenhagen and that transport is obviously different depending on which dock.

We arrive & depart from the airport and need to get to/ from the ship.

Which dock will the ship use?

If it is Ocean Quay - which I understand is very new - is public transport now a possible option?

Yes its Oceankaj

http://www.cmport.dk/ships-in-port/cruise-ships/season-current

Both bus 25 and 27 runs from Oceankaj to either Østerport (25 and 27) or Nørreport (25)

http://www.dinoffentligetransport.dk/KoereplanerPdf/27-0027-131215.pdf

The info page for bus 25 is updated but the timetable is for the 2015 season.

http://www.dinoffentligetransport.dk/trafikinformation/koereplaner/koereplaner-bus/25/

Edited by Danish viking

I'm intend to use public transport to and from the port from the airport this August. That's always our preference if practical.

We are staying at the Hilton pre cruise, and have a 4.30pm flight home, so we will be able to be flexible with our timings.

A couple of questions for those in the know about those route:

I assume that if we leave the airport at about 10am and also stay onboard the ship for as long as possible (usually near 10am on NCL) then the buses shouldn't be too busy at these times. I believe that the issues at the port on debarkation says have largely been resolved now haven't they, so things shouldn't be too bad.

How do the buses handle luggage? There will be three of us, each with a suitcase. Is there ever any problem getting luggage onboard.

Finally, and really just as a contingency plan, I know that the new port is a fairly long distance from Nordhavn, but is it an option to walk it? We generally have no problem walking a mile or two with our luggage as long as the terrain is OK. This won't actually be our plan, but if we did get to the bus stops and there was a long queue, would it be an option or would we find ourselves hitting dead ends.

Given the amount of time we have on debarkation day, we have been known to decide to get some post cruise exercise by walking. I'm just trying to work out whether it is even an option. It's 2-3 miles isn't it?

Thanks for any help.

I'm intend to use public transport to and from the port from the airport this August. That's always our preference if practical.

We are staying at the Hilton pre cruise, and have a 4.30pm flight home, so we will be able to be flexible with our timings.

A couple of questions for those in the know about those route:

I assume that if we leave the airport at about 10am and also stay onboard the ship for as long as possible (usually near 10am on NCL) then the buses shouldn't be too busy at these times. I believe that the issues at the port on debarkation says have largely been resolved now haven't they, so things shouldn't be too bad.

How do the buses handle luggage? There will be three of us, each with a suitcase. Is there ever any problem getting luggage onboard.

Finally, and really just as a contingency plan, I know that the new port is a fairly long distance from Nordhavn, but is it an option to walk it? We generally have no problem walking a mile or two with our luggage as long as the terrain is OK. This won't actually be our plan, but if we did get to the bus stops and there was a long queue, would it be an option or would we find ourselves hitting dead ends.

Given the amount of time we have on debarkation day, we have been known to decide to get some post cruise exercise by walking. I'm just trying to work out whether it is even an option. It's 2-3 miles isn't it?

Thanks for any help.

Just bumping this up in case anyone on here at the moment can comment. :)

Regarding the luggage--These are regular city buses so there are no overhead racks for luggage and no space underneath the bus like you find on commercial coaches. So you have to sit or stand next to your luggage. This, of course, means fewer passengers can board these buses as opposed to a bus just carrying people.

Regarding the luggage--These are regular city buses so there are no overhead racks for luggage and no space underneath the bus like you find on commercial coaches. So you have to sit or stand next to your luggage. This, of course, means fewer passengers can board these buses as opposed to a bus just carrying people.

Thanks. I suspected that was the case from the pictures I've seen on other threads.

More reason for an early start on embarkation day and for hanging around onboard on disembarkation.

I suppose the other option on disembarkation day is getting off early and finding some bag storage somewhere, if there is any.

Edit: It looks like there are a couple of luggage storage options. May be worth considering.

Edited by KeithJenner