airport transfers Hamburg

It depends a bit from where your ship starts - there are two cruise centers in Hamburg: for example cruise center Hamburg (Queen Mary for example starts from here) or cruise center Altona ( for ex. MSC cruises)

To cruise center Hamburg it is really easy to use the underground system: Take the S1, change over at "Hauptbahnhof" or "Berliner" Tor to U4 which stops a five-minute walk to the cruise center. That's the cheapest way, too - only 3.30 € p.p.! ( takes about 45 minutes to get there altogether)

The way to cruise center Altona is just as easy - stay on S1 till Konigstrasse ( Blankenese) and either change to a bus or texi or walk about 10 minutes to the cruise center. Price again is 3.20 Euros and it takes about 50 minutes.

Hamburg has a third cruise terminal, cruise terminal Steinwerder. Best way to go there is with a taxi. There are public transfers too, but not so easy. Some cruise lines offers transfers from central station to the cruise terminal.

cruise terminal hafencity, altona or steinwerder are the three places.

Edited by Steff79

Does one airport cater to international flights more than another? Approximately what is the taxi fare to the cruise port from the airport? I will be traveling with a 16 and a 10 year old and I'm not sure I can handle public transportation. Thanks for any information.

Does one airport cater to international flights more than another? Approximately what is the taxi fare to the cruise port from the airport? I will be traveling with a 16 and a 10 year old and I'm not sure I can handle public transportation. Thanks for any information.

There is only one international airport in Hamburg (HAM) unless you are flying from another airport in Europe, that is where you'd land from the U.S.

Taxi from the airport to the port is about 30 Euros and will take about half an hour, IF you are cruising from the central port. If you know the address of where you are cruising from use this calculator: http://www.taxi-calculator.com/

Edited by Sauer-kraut

• 1 month later...

If you do the tram make sure you got euros. We just got back and we were only staying the night and didn't have any. Well, guess what the ticket machine didn't take cards. Uggggh. We stayed in Hafen City and thought our cruise terminal was close to this. It wasn't. It was about 45 mins away.

Linda

• 10 months later...
The way to cruise center Altona is just as easy - stay on S1 till Konigstrasse ( Blankenese) and either change to a bus or texi or walk about 10 minutes to the cruise center. Price again is 3.20 Euros and it takes about 50 minutes.

Is there any reason to pre-book a ticket for the bus/train combo travelling from Altona cruise terminal to Hamburg Airport? I see they can be bought online, but since it's in German, I am concerned I will make a mistake and the English translation helps for the actual search but screens come up German thereafter, including the necessity to register for an online purchase.

The machines are easy to use even though they are in german. I can't remember if there was an english version or not but I highly doubt it. I know once we finally found a cash machine the rest was easy. I won't go into a lot of detail here but also make a note that there are no bathrooms in the station either--not a one. If we could figure out the machines you won't have any trouble--lol.

ahhh don't know on that one. After our cruise we went on a tour as we had a night flight out so don't know. Hopefully somebody can answer that for you. How about doing a copy and paste into a translator online to make sure it's what you want.

http://www.hvv.de/en/tickets/single-day-tickets/overview/

You can buy single, day and group tickets at a ticket machine, from the bus driver, via the HVV App or at the Online Shop.

At metro stations and stations for the ferries there are maschines, you can chose your language to begin on the display. With bus, you can buy your ticket at the bus driver, use the first entrance at the bus driver.