Guarantee Cabins

judy&steve

We are trying to figure out when we might be assigned our guarantee accommodation for our November QM2 cruise. Have any of you been in a similar situation? We have always been able to choose our cabin before, but not for this particular cruise. My guess is we will have to wait until we get to the pier.

Thanks --

Judy

;)

I've booked a guarantee with Cunard at least half a dozen times. It's impossible to predict what you will get. Once on the QM2, from a minimum inside cabin, we got a 13 level upgrade to a deluxe balcony on 11 deck. It was under the basketball court which could have been a disaster had it not been a chilly crossing. Otherwise the overhead thumping would have been unbearable. Next time we got an outside cabin for a disabled person. This cabin was about 50% larger than a standard outside cabin with a huge bathroom.

Chances are you will not be midship. Once you put yourself at their mercy, you'll have to take what you get - sometimes you will not know until you check in at the pier.

Have you tried logging onto the UK site - www.cunard.co.uk - and then logging onto their voyage personalise? It gives both the cabin category and the cabin number under "Booking Summary". It will show a Grill guarantee until they assign a cabin, then it will show your assigned cabin number.

:)Thank you for the info on the UK Cunard site. We have our booking number from the TA. We are in the system with a P3, but no cabin yet. We are really a long way out. We are sailing on Nov 25. We've got a while to go.

--Judy

;) You will not get a lower grade cabin than you paid for, I would think you hae a good chance to get upgraded to the Queens Grill.

Let us know what you end up with.

Hi DaddyWarbucks--

Hopefully, it will be in an okay location. We have a Princess Grill category. There were only guarantees available when we booked.

--Judy

I just called Cunard the MO - Outside Stateroom is wait listed . Does this mean I'll get either an outside M double or a Caronia single?

Do you have a guarantee??? Or are you on a waitlist? Big difference. Guarantee-you will be on the ship somewhere, at least at the category you booked. Waitlist-you may or may not be on the ship, depending on cancellations.

I'm guaranteed

guaranteed WHAT? Single, Mauretania, or outside? Could go from M inside to Caronia outside....if its a guaranteed Mauretania single outside, more liklihood of Mauretania double outside than Caronia single....but it will depend on fare you pay (within your control) and demand (not within anyones control).

Peter

guaranteed WHAT? Single, Mauretania, or outside? Could go from M inside to Caronia outside....if its a guaranteed Mauretania single outside, more liklihood of Mauretania double outside than Caronia single....but it will depend on fare you pay (within your control) and demand (not within anyones control).

Peter

cat MO

We booked guarantee Q4 and were upgraded to Q3, the cabin number appeared two weeks before departure on the UK website, I called at this time to try to make a change, they only specify cabins once the ship is full so when you find out your cabin it will be fairly final unless someone cancels. we were very happy with what we got however and glad we left it the way it was.

I also spoke to reservations about a booking we have next year, I was surprised to hear that they do not take world club history into consideration, as I am travelling with my parents who have a much more comprehensive Cunard history, this seems really unfair, I wonder what other criteria could be used? (In our case it helps as I was worried they could end up in a different restaurant)

By the way while you have a guarantee you can call them and choose a cabin, but that will only be in the grade you have paid for and they flag your booking so it will not be upgraded, we had to do this in the end to ensure we stayed together for dinner :-(

SSNORWAY

I was surprised to hear that they do not take world club history into consideration,

I wasnt surprised to hear this!!!strikes me that if they are looking to upgrade people world club members won"t be one one of them! better to say that your a 1st timer and you will get it all :rolleyes: !!!... of course we do get a glass of sparkling stuff as some party and maybe a bottle of sparkiling water/wine in the cabin,and quick checkin, but we are assured by all the mailings that our custome as club members is greatly appreciated, and that phrase "book early and save:p " my experience is book early and lose out, theyve got you onboard and thats all that matters!!

Will l still sail QE2, of course :D !!! does it put me of? NO :D !!!

I am travelling with my parents ....... I was worried they could end up in a different restaurant.

You're travelling with your parents and you don't want to be in a different restaurant:eek: (I would have thought that was preferable if you couldn't get different ships:D )

BTW - I don't know Mark's parents - I'm only going on my experience of travelling with my own.

We are trying to figure out when we might be assigned our guarantee accommodation for our November QM2 cruise. Have any of you been in a similar situation? We have always been able to choose our cabin before, but not for this particular cruise. My guess is we will have to wait until we get to the pier.

Thanks --

Judy

Judy, we sail in 12 days and are still waiting for our cabin assignment. We're on a D7 guarantee and are hoping that the upgrade fairy is alive and well:D ! I've been checking the Cunard UK website (through my voyage personalizer) to see if a cabin has been assigned. Part of me likes the excitment of not knowing what cabin we're in til we board...then the control freak side of me screams "I wanna know now." I'm sure we'll love whatever cabin we're in.

Have a wonderful voyage and hope you hear good news soon about your cabin assignment.

[We]are hoping that the upgrade fairy is alive and well:D ! I've been checking the Cunard UK website (through my voyage personalizer)

You are being restrained:) I'm already checking to see if we've been upgraded for Christmas!

We booked an A2 guranty for the WB 24 September TA and found out about 2 weeks ago what our cabin was - unfortunately no upgrade fairy for me. This was the second time I let a travel agent "talk me into a guaranty" with the expectation of an upgrade (the first was on another cruise line). In both cases, I did not get an upgrade but was lucky enough to be assigned to "acceptable" cabins. However, I will not do it again. I'd rather be able to select my cabin at the time of booking.

We certainly don't expect to be upgraded to a Queens Grill suite. It looks like there are P1 and P2 category cabins available for our particular cruise. So, the worst that can happen is they will bump someone out of a P3 into a higher category and we will wind up in the P3 for which we are guaranteed.

Thanks, all, for letting us know about the UK Cunard site. Now, Steve and I will be totally obsessed over the cabin assignment.

--Judy

I too still am on QTY on QM2 with no cabin assigned, 10 days to go. The documents arrived, but with no cabin number, how do I know what time to check in?

A3 category.

(Since I'm outside the US the company decided to send my documents to a local address in the US, so I haven't seen them personally. The person at the address opened them but says there was no info as to boarding time. Only that it starts from 12:00, so I guess I'll be there at 12:00.)

What have other GTYs done in this situation, if you don't know your cabin number until you reach the boat?

I also am not sure if I want to wait until I get to the boat to find out, or check the UK site to see a cabin number.

On one hand, I am hoping to get a pleasant surprise at the check-in counter; on the other hand I am preparing myself mentally for a shock about the cabin being located---oh, not THERE!!

I too still am on QTY on QM2 with no cabin assigned, 10 days to go. The documents arrived, but with no cabin number, how do I know what time to check in?

A3 category.

(Since I'm outside the US the company decided to send my documents to a local address in the US, so I haven't seen them personally. The person at the address opened them but says there was no info as to boarding time. Only that it starts from 12:00, so I guess I'll be there at 12:00.)

What have other GTYs done in this situation, if you don't know your cabin number until you reach the boat?

We're sailing on Sept 2 with no cabin assignment yet. Our documents indicated that embarkation begins at 1:00 pm. I called Cunard and asked what time we should plan on showing up at the pier if we do not have a cabin assignment...they suggested 1:00 pm. Hope this helps, and have a wonderful cruise. I'm sure everything will work out.

We're sailing on Sept 2 with no cabin assignment yet. Our documents indicated that embarkation begins at 1:00 pm. I called Cunard and asked what time we should plan on showing up at the pier if we do not have a cabin assignment...they suggested 1:00 pm. Hope this helps, and have a wonderful cruise. I'm sure everything will work out.

we have been gty several times with no room number we arrived at 12 noon and were treated well and always happy with our room assigment which was always an upgrade if we were gty!!! good luck!!!

You're travelling with your parents and you don't want to be in a different restaurant:eek: (I would have thought that was preferable if you couldn't get different ships:D )

BTW - I don't know Mark's parents - I'm only going on my experience of travelling with my own.

Lol :D I always look forward to seeing your input!

Actually dont tell them or else they'll get big headed, but they are wonderful to be with and I was really thrilled when they said they wanted to join us, oops..... then some of my other friends-who they don't like too much-booked as well and I haven't found the moment to tell them yet!!! I'm not sure I will either.

thur'l be trouble at t'mill :eek: (excuses for northern slang to those not in t'know)

Archived