East bound 17th to 23rd.August 2006

Transatlanticfan

We have just arrived home after what I can only describe as the experience of a lifetime.

Two years ago we did a west bound crossing on the QM2 after having done four previous ones on the QE2.

At that time we were very disappointed with the QM2, the standard of servoce quality of food etc.

Well two years later what a transformation, the whole voyage was excellent from embarking straight away in Brooklyn to disembarking today in Southampton.

The level of srvice was better than excellent, we were in the Brittanni and our waiters Gyorgy and Suresh were great and wonderfully attentive. Our stateroom steward Nanette was excellent friendly and attentive.

The New York Police Department and Coast guard gave us an entertaining and comic send off whilst the on board band 'Illusion' (not to be missed in G32 played us out.

Well done Cunard a superb trip which we will remember forever.

Chris and Pam:) :) :)

We're doing our first cruise ever, aboard the QM2 eastbound 24th October. Really excited. Any tips you can give me would be very much appreciated. :)

How long did it take you to disembark at Southampton? I'm trying to arrange travel home, so need to know what train to book.

We're doing our first cruise ever, aboard the QM2 eastbound 24th October. Really excited. Any tips you can give me would be very much appreciated. :)

How long did it take you to disembark at Southampton? I'm trying to arrange travel home, so need to know what train to book.

The only tip I would give is to try and ascertain as qickly as possible the things you want to do or are interested in. This board was a great help to us.

The daily programme is full of activities which may or may not interest you, we were only on 6 nights and its a shame to waste time on items which you may not enjoy.

With regard to disembarkation, we docked shortly after 8am. We had opted for self help and that was announced about 9am. Sadly it took quite a long time to get off and together with a delay, because of a broken escalator in the terminal, it was 10am when we got to our car which was parked at the terminal

Obviously self help means you carry your own luggage off. General disembarkation was by deck and was expected to star about 90 minutes after docking.

Sorry I cant be more precise.

Any more info I can help with let me know

Regards

Chris and Pam

My wife and I were on same sailing,wonderful crossing to say the least.First 5 days were as being on a millpond.Staff was just great as was the food,well the food was better than great.only drawback was they havent yet spoken to their kindred at Holland in regards to better beds.Did you notice that many old Cunard fans on ship were displeased with CCL aquisition on the grand line?I sure did,my only answer was do you like Q.M.2? If the answer was yes I enjoyed their look when who made it possible was brought up.She is a beautiful vessel well staffed&maintained WONDERFUL CROSSING!

Archived