Princess hotel package

jamjam

We reserved Marriott Marina With Princess for $129.00 per night for 2 nights. Tax came to $7.70 per night. Total for 2 nights $273.40,including transfers from Miami airport to hotel 2 nights prior to departure. If I calculate super shuttle or taxi service from miami international to Marriott Marina in Fort Lauderdale we would pay at least $60.00. If I read correctly, this hotel on priceline sells for $60.00-$80.00 per night plus tax and service fees of about $15.00 extra per night. If you total these costs do you think Princess provides better value and convenience then priceline?

If the total is $129/night for two people it doesn't sound like a bad deal, but beware that Princess usually quotes their pre and post cruise package rates per person. Just make sure the $129/night covers the both of you and that it is not double that for two.

Cathy
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]
until European River Cruise on Viking Spirit

I didn't realize Princess was using Marriott Mariana. I thought they were using Marriott North. I would also double check the prices - Princess quotes prices per person double occupancy.

Glad to see them using another hotel close to the port.

Was the $129 with tax included? If not, you would then be paying $49-69 for transfers. I don't know how far the hotel is from the ship pier though.

Actually, at a PL rate of 80(high estimate) X 2 = 160 plus tax $25? = 185 ttl vs 258. You'd be paying around $78 for transfers.

Majesty of the Seas (2)
Norwegian Dawn
Monarch of the Seas
Diamond Princess (5/04)

Archived