Breeze breaks away from pier

jetskier

I was on Ecstasy when it hit the dock in Galveston and broke the arm that loads people onto the ship and it took 2 hours to move everyone to the crew entrance to get off.

BROKE it!!

I always think of all these things when people ask.. do you think I can make a 10 am flight?

John Heald posted this on his FB page from Butch, the cruise director on the Breeze:

"Hi John

At approximately 6:20 this evening a very quick, but very strong storm passed over the port in Venice. The wind gusts were over 70 knots. Immediately we stopped the embarkation process. Two mooring lines broke and the captain immediately ordered the release of the other lines. The captain maneuvered the ship at an angle in the port to avoid and damage to the ship. I made several announcements of the emergency address system with the advisement of the Captain keeping our guests informed of the situation as of now(7:55pm) we are back safely alongside the pier and securing the gangways again to continue embarkation and pax movement into the port of Venice. Everyone is safe and happy! Getting ready for the welcome aboard show."

Wow...we got off the Breeze that morning and the rain was just starting around 8:30am. We had a flight at 7pm that night, but caught an earlier flight at 12:30pm. We are thankful we missed all of that excitement.

I can tell you the 12 nights leading to that were the calmest seas we have encountered on any cruise. It was unbelievable.

Glad no one was hurt.

Happened to us on the Pride last year in Pt Canaveral, winds at 90knots, all the mooring lines broke but 1, anchor broke w/ the sudden drop so we were stuck there all night and missed a stop in Nassau. Had tugs pushing against us all night keeping us straight. Was pretty wild & something we will never forget.

Can't wait to see how many poeple come on here after they get home & rant about wanting their money back. :rolleyes:

Probably another cutback and they are using rope that is not as thick.;-)

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, they probably aren't allowed to use the BEST rope.

That'd be the rope made from hemp.

Jus' sayin':rolleyes:

Archived