Great Stirrup Cay Itinerary for 6 nt Spirit?

roykirk1

Hi

Noticed that on our 6 night Spirit cruise, we'll be stopping at GSC at 7:30PM and departing the next afternoon at 2pm.

Does anyone know what the activities are? Will there be tenders the first day? (I assume so.) Might be nice to watch the sunset on the island. Will there be a bbq for dinner and another for lunch the next day? If we bring sleeping bags, can we actually stay overnight?!? 8-)

We are (unfortunately) a bit picky about food... how's the bbq food? Is it just burgers and hot dogs, or do they have other stuff (ribs, veggies, chicken?).

Thanks for everyone's input. This is our first cruise and we are looking forward to everything!!! And all the CC postings will help us maximize the fun!

OH... Are the waters calm? I cant really swim, but I'd like to try snorkeling if that's possible? Recently, there was a 19 yo guy who sadly was pulled out to sea at Coney Island and drowned (riptide). Made me think twice about trying snorkeling/other ocean activities. If I wear the mandatory vest, do I have anything to worry about realistically?

I can just see our 9 yo (who takes swimming lessons every week) saving the day by dragging my panicked and delirious butt back to shore... hahahaha.

Thanks!!!!!

Hi

Noticed that on our 6 night Spirit cruise, we'll be stopping at GSC at 7:30PM and departing the next afternoon at 2pm.

Does anyone know what the activities are? Will there be tenders the first day? (I assume so.) Might be nice to watch the sunset on the island. Will there be a bbq for dinner and another for lunch the next day You can rent inflatible rafts (sm and lg), have a massage, play volleyball, do a little shopping @ the Straw Market, sun, scuba, paragliding, or just plain relax!! I was on the Dawn and we only had one day so I can't answer about the 2 days. What I can tell you is to make sure to get tender tickets as early as possible - to make sure you're on the early tenders. Also take the bottom rear of the tender (they are let out 1st) and go directly to your left of the beach (less rocky and right in front of the clear, beautiful water. :cool:

We are (unfortunately) a bit picky about food... how's the bbq food? Is it just burgers and hot dogs, or do they have other stuff (ribs, veggies, chicken?). My group left early and ate on the ship, but I know they had the usual burgers, hot dogs, chicken. One thing try their rum punch "tasty" (which is served in an insulated cup that you can keep as a souvenir).

Thanks for everyone's input. This is our first cruise and we are looking forward to everything!!! And all the CC postings will help us maximize the fun!

OH... Are the waters calm? I cant really swim, but I'd like to try snorkeling if that's possible? Recently, there was a 19 yo guy who sadly was pulled out to sea at Coney Island and drowned (riptide). Made me think twice about trying snorkeling/other ocean activities. If I wear the mandatory vest, do I have anything to worry about realistically? Waters are very calm and clear! I just loved walking through the schools of fish - I can't swim but I felt safe enough to rent a sm. raft. :)

Hoped I helped, :D

You can't stay the night on the Island. They serve Pizza & Cookies at night. Of course, the bars are open. There is limbo, tug of war & native dance entertainment. There is also a band for dancing. Very loud rap type hip hop music. Not our taste. You can swim in a roped off section at night. I think the last tender back is around 11pm or 12. There should be 3 tenders to take you to the Island. One broke down when we were there, so we had a looonnggg wait in a hot hallway on deack 4. Needless to say, we missed the sunset.

What is your estimate of the number of people who went on shore at night? Trying to determine if the envionment is safe at night for our 16 year old daughter. (We aren't rap fans either.) We are planning to go with her. Also, do they require tender tickets for the evening departures?

THANKS again.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
You can rent inflatible rafts (sm and lg), have a massage, play volleyball, do a little shopping @ the Straw Market, sun, scuba, paragliding, or just plain relax!!

I haven't found anything that indicates that you can scuba dive in great stirrup cay. The only thing listed in our shore excursion guide is snorkeling and rafts. Do you have any more information about scuba? We don't plan on bringing our equipment, doing a dive on our own isn't possible. Do they have a guided dive ?

Archived