Looking for Opinions

I'm looking possibly at a cruise on either Oasis or Freedom in the next few weeks, I would be new to RCCL, and a solo traveler this time due to work schedules and other conflicts. I'm wondering which ship you would lean towards and why.

I'm looking possibly at a cruise on either Oasis or Freedom in the next few weeks, I would be new to RCCL, and a solo traveler this time due to work schedules and other conflicts. I'm wondering which ship you would lean towards and why.

You can't go wrong with either ship. I'd choose Freedom because I like Coco Cay. I'd choose Oasis for the ship.

I've been on the Allure of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas. I like both ships, but didn't really explore Liberty as much as I should have done, so my answer will be biased toward the Oasis class ship. I have travelled as a Solo traveller and have always found things to do on both class of ships.

My question to you is, what's important to you? The entertainment on the ship, the ports or the duration of the cruise?

Read a few reviews (including my one, which can be found in my signature) as well as other peoples reviews on both class ships before making a decision.

When we had that decision to make we looked at the whole package, airfare, transfers and hotel the night before. As a booking 3 weeks out, airfare was a big factor as was the availability of cabins. As it turned out, Oasis won and I am glad it did. It was a unique experience. We have been on Voyager class ships many times and I am sure we would have also loved FOS but Oasis is in a class by itself. It also had a slight edge on itinerary for the week we wanted to go.

I will tell you to make a decision, because 2 days after we booked the ship was full.

P.S. we had to take one of those forward OV cabins that overlooked the helipad and we loved it. Lots of extra floor space because of the angle of the windows.

As someone going in the next few weeks i can say freedom is much cheaper than oasis class (much more so than i recall in the past) for that time period so I would go with freedom. Both are awesome and we have paid the premium to do oasis class many times but at a certain point I would pick freedom and use the savings for all your on board expenses.

You need to consider the cost as there will be a solo supplement. If cost is a non issue you can't go wrong with either ship. If cost is a concern than perhaps you need to consider the cruise that costs less after the solo supplement, taxes and port charges have been calculated.

Edited by xxoocruiser