Spirit Cabin 10686-anyone seen/stayed in it?

Sairey

Has anyone stayed or seen cabin 10686 on the Spirit? The deck plan makes this cabin look a little larger than the others and twice the balcony space. When I spoke to my PCC she told me it was just a "drawing" and that it wasn't any bigger than any other balcony room. For some reason, I just don't buy that. Why would it be drawn that way if it wasn't really configured that way? Can anyone clear this up?

This was talked about earlier. There is a review by "birdabee" (I think that was the name) that said the room was a lot bigger and it was like a hotel room. I have the room booked for October cruise and when I asked my cruise consultant about it he said the printout says it is the same but yes it is bigger but "officially" it is the same.

Not knowing fully, I suspect while the balcony may have some obstruction from the apron framing of the ship aft, the sliding glass door view isn't obstructed. The cabin is basically a balcony cabin turned 90 degrees, with the glass door forward and a bulkhead aft, although the balcony is as long as the turned cabin, much larger than the others....

Any obstruction will be like a quarter panel of a car's roof.....most likely aft of the sliding glass door view.... While the cabin may be a bit larger, anyone who wishes to book this cabin really wants it for the significant increase of the balcony size....

I do wish someone who books this cabin does draw/scan a floorplan for this cabin, its relation to the apron framing, etc.....

Recent photo of the port side of the Spirit taken in Bermuda:

Spirit10686.jpg

Looking at Deck 10, the middle deck of balcony cabins, you can see how that last cabin's balcony is laid out. It's twice as wide as a regular balcony, chairs placed forward on the half without the sliding glass door. No obstructions like with the balcony for the last cabin on Deck 9.

Can't say much about this cabin's size yet. It sure would be nice if someone actually measured and reported it.

I would be interested to know about this cabin,also. We are presently booked in 10096 (BC) for 3 adults. If the cabin and balcony might be bigger, I would switch cabins. The BD is the same price to the BC. I wonder if it would be noisey with the Wet & Wild pool near there.

I would be interested to know about this cabin,also. We are presently booked in 10096 (BC) for 3 adults. If the cabin and balcony might be bigger, I would switch cabins. The BD is the same price to the BC. I wonder if it would be noisey with the Wet & Wild pool near there.

I'm sure it would be quite noisy if you are going on a cruise where there were likely to be a lot of young children. My cruise is in October to Canada and even if there are a few children, they are unlikely to be swimming. If you go when school is out into a warm climate it could be very noisy. Of course, if you are bringing small children it would be handy and you probably wouldn't mind.

I might be missing something...when I go to NCL's website and pull up our cruise, I do not see 10686...the last cabin seems to be 10666...could someone tell me where to find this cabin? Thanks!

I found it by looking at the Spirits deck plans. Maybe if you do a cabin search for 10686 for your cruise it will come up. It's new and wasn't there last year, so maybe your cruise deck plan linked to your sailing hasn't been updated.

I might be missing something...when I go to NCL's website and pull up our cruise, I do not see 10686...the last cabin seems to be 10666...could someone tell me where to find this cabin? Thanks!

It was added during the remodeling. I think they added 10 or 11 rooms out of the video arcade. When you use the drop down on the home page for the Spirit interactive floor plan it shows it but I noticed that where you actually sign up for a cruise they use the old floor plan. Expedia had the old floor plan too the last time I looked. Somebody at NCL needs to update their website.

I'm sure it would be quite noisy if you are going on a cruise where there were likely to be a lot of young children. My cruise is in October to Canada and even if there are a few children, they are unlikely to be swimming. If you go when school is out into a warm climate it could be very noisy. Of course, if you are bringing small children it would be handy and you probably wouldn't mind.

Our cruise is Aug 27-Sept 3/2010 to Bermuda. I don't know if the kids would still be out at that time in the States, in Ontario the kids are out until the day after Labour Day. Kids wouldn't be swimming late, late at night, would they? I was hoping that the cabin & balcony would be a little bite bigger than the other cabins as there will be 3 adults.

Got my cabin changed! I wonder why this cabin is listed as BD catagory? Does anyone know if there is any obstructed view? Not that it matters at this point...

I was able to switch cabins for our Aug 2010 cruise to 10686. It looks bigger on the deck plan than the other cabins. NCL's brochure for 2009/2010 does not show this cabin or the other cabins near it.

Would you come back and tell us about the cabin after your cruise.

Sairey

You don't say when your cruise is. Mine is in October. If you go before, take a picture of the room and come show us. If I am first, I will take one and try to figure out how to post it.

Sairey

You don't say when your cruise is. Mine is in October. If you go before, take a picture of the room and come show us. If I am first, I will take one and try to figure out how to post it.

Our cruise isn't until Sept 2010, so you'll have to take pictures and post them for me!

• 1 month later...

If you go to the NCL website and click on ships and then the Spirit and then deck plans you will see it there. All of the new cabins on deck 10 are shown there. It takes up what used to be the arcade. I would also love to see the cabin pictures as well.

welove2cruise232 had the cabin for her 7-17 cruise and should have come back yesterday. She was going to take pictures so I have eagerly been checking here. She is probably busy unpacking and adjusting to the "real world" so I will patiently wait. I never look forward to adjusting to the "real world" when I get off a cruise. Such a let down!!!!

Yes, we are back! This was a nice, big cabin, with a double wide balcony. HOWEVER, there are some drawbacks to this cabin... We had lots of kids running through the halls (and opening the door that goes outside to the kids pool area) at all hours of the day and late into the night (and our "do not disturb" sign disappeared EVERY night!). If you're sailing when the kids are in school, you may not be affected by this. We were concerned when we put our luggage outside on Thursday night, praying the kids didn't pull off the luggage tags (or worse...:rolleyes:). There is noise from up above with the moving of tables and chairs early (5:30-6 AM) in the morning and late (11-12) at night. The table tennis tables are not above us -- they're on the starboard side -- I think if they were above us the noise wouldn't have been so loud. Also, they clean windows/balcony glass and perform maintenance every day, many times early in the morning -- and the machinery that the crew "rides" on is on our deck, so you hear that noise as well. This really only woke us up a couple of mornings, since they only did this in port. Finally, pulling out of BDA on Wednesday morning at 6 AM, we were awakened by the ship's vibration when they used the side thrusters -- the whole back of the ship shakes quite a bit! Once we were at sea, this vibration is minimal.

Given the pros and cons of this cabin, I think I would book it again.

I will post pictures later today (they're still on my camera).

Edited to add: We docked port side to the pier. When the sun is shining (and it did the whole time we were in BDA) it is VERY HOT on the balcony, so we really couldn't use it other than until noon or so, and after the sun went down!

Thanks! I am going in October when school is in and to a longer cruise to New England/ Canada. I doubt there would be too many kids and they sure wouldn't be in the pool! I think I would think twice before booking this cabin when school is out and to a warm weather climate. I can stand the ship noise every now and again but not running kids all the time.

Thanks! I hope you left a little of that heat on the balcony for me! We may need it in Canada.

There is definately more floor space. Was the closet and bathroom about the same as the rest of the rooms? I hear they are fairly decent size on the Spirit so hopefully it is at least as big as the rest. Nice balcony!! Hope you had a nice trip and are resting up. Thanks for the pictures.

Archived