excursions in Guatemala

geezer_glide

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I don't know much about beaches. The ones on the Pacific side looked like they are for surfers only.

We went to Antigua from Puerto Quetzal. Other people went to the Mayan ruins of Tikal.

We have booked a tour with Celebrity to Antigua which includes lunch at Casa Santo Domingo. Does anyone who has done this have any comments as to the value of this tour?

We have booked a tour with Celebrity to Antigua which includes lunch at Casa Santo Domingo. Does anyone who has done this have any comments as to the value of this tour?

I did that with HAL

and yours must be very similar. I can't recall how much it cost but I loved the whole trip and saw interesting things that I otherwise would have missed, so on that basis alone I'd say it was good value.

All the best, Tony

I think I took this tour on my last Panama cruise in October. If it's the same tour, the tour take you to a

1) "Jade Museum" which is basically a store which has some exhibits and try to sell you jade :mad:

2) local indoor market for crafts

3) tour of Casa Santo Domingo :)

4) a good buffet lunch:)

I enjoyed Casa Santo Domingo as I stayed there 10 years ago on business and the changes were plentiful but maintained the "historic value" of the site. The other tours did not appeal to me and I wanted the safety of a group tour. It's a long bus ride but there's nothing to see/do near the port.

In Guatemala we took an excursion offered by the ship from Puerto Quetzal: "Beach Day at Monterrico w/Lunch" (6 hours)

We enjoyed seeing the country on the drive to & fro and totally loved the hotel resort. A plain clothes (armed) guard was on the bus with us. We'd love to do that one again. :)

In Guatemala we took an excursion offered by the ship from Puerto Quetzal: "Beach Day at Monterrico w/Lunch" (6 hours)

We enjoyed seeing the country on the drive to & fro and totally loved the hotel resort. A plain clothes (armed) guard was on the bus with us. We'd love to do that one again. :)

When did you do this tour?

Archived