What time should i make my flight out of Vancouver?

katybird

Personally, I would be uncomfortable with cutting it that close. You have to allow time to get off the ship and then to get to the airport. Sometimes, it can be hard to get a taxi. Traffic at that hour on a Sunday will be light though. Airport Security lineups can be long. Better to wait a bit at the airport than miss your flight!

Are you aware of the US Direct program - if not here's a link to it - it may be of use to you - if so that 12:20 flight would be doable:

http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/infoPassengers/usDirect.html

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

If you are returning to the US you may want to check with your cruise line and see if you can participate in the “US Direct” program. It is a program were you and your bags are taken of the ship and taken directly to the airport and it saves you having to clear Canadian and I believe US customs. I think the earliest flight they will consider under this program is 12:00 noon.

If you can’t get on this program, you should still be ok, the airport is about 45 min from the cruise terminals and you need to be at the airport 2 hrs before and international flight so as long as you are off the ship, cleared CDN customs and in a cab or shuttle by 9:30 you should be ok. By the way you will clear US customs at the Vancouver airport.

HA participates in the US Direct program. Thanks for the information. I spoke to a rep at HA but she could not give me much information about it. She said she THOUGHT we would have info in our cabin about it and we didn't have to sign up until onboard...Does this sound right? I could not find anything about it on the HA website either.

I plan to call again and hopefully get someone with more information.

Archived