Jost Van Dyke in May with a 4 year old?

desert2tropics18

We're thinking of booking the Rebel Yell to Jost Van Dyke as a day excursion when we are there on May 3. But if it's usually really crowded around the beginning of May, we will skip it. Does anybody know? And how is it for kids? It looks like a good place for lunch, drinks, and playing in the sand and water. Trying to decide if it's worth $340 though.

We're thinking of booking the Rebel Yell to Jost Van Dyke as a day excursion when we are there on May 3. But if it's usually really crowded around the beginning of May, we will skip it. Does anybody know? And how is it for kids? It looks like a good place for lunch, drinks, and playing in the sand and water. Trying to decide if it's worth $340 though.

Can't comment on the value as I don't know the itinerary and what is included or how many people. But May is low season and it isn't that crowded on weekdays. You will see daytrippers stopping in from Tortola and St Thomas and St John, and the Soggy $ may get busier in the afternoon. But it'll be quiet in the morning, and you can also walk to a less busy section if you want that.

http://www.soggydollar.com/webcam

The Rebel Yell does sell out fast as it is an excellent option for Jost. But before you book it be sure to check the cruise ship schedule for West End, Tortola and for Jost as ships also stop there, and that can change everything!

http://bviports.org/cruise-schedule/

Thanks! I ended up going ahead andbooking it last night. We can cancel without penalty up to 48 hours before the cruise, worst case, but I'm planning to stick with it. We will be the only ship in port that day. I've been watching the webcam, it looks great! :) We got spots on the Rebel Yell, as did some of our fellow Roll Call members as I found out today so that should be fun. We will also be there in the morning, so hopefully will avoid the crowds and on top of that have a nice breakfast on the beach.

Yes I think you made a great choice! We've only gone to Jost via water taxi while staying on Tortola, but the reviews on this excursion look great. It's the best option for Jost on a cruise.

Be sure to stop by Seddy's One Like be Bar down from Soggy $. Seddy is Foxy's son (of Foxy's in Great Harbor) and your 4 year old (and you) would enjoy his magic and card tricks.

If you want to see something different you can take the short taxi over to Great Harbor for $5pp each way (free for your child). With luck Foxy will be playing guitar and telling his stories, lots of fun! You could ask Seddy if his dad is there or not.

Enjoy, fun day!!! :)

[EDIT] The beach in Great Harbor isn't that nice so stay in White Bay if you are enjoying the beach and water.

Edited by blue_water
typos!